Why can some craft slots use missiles.

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Why can some craft slots use missiles.

baggy101
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by baggy101 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:16 pm

Ok this might be a daft question but in nearly 20 years I’ve still never worked it out. I’m installing z-95s in slots 154 and 155 but neither of them can use missiles when in game (skirmish) is there a way to change this? Because no matter what I do in mxvted they can’t use missiles!

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:13 pm

Me to the rescue again lol

Ok you need to update your Spec.rci file

1) Download the file
Spec-RCI_Generate_Batch_File.rar
2) Extract it to your XWA DIR

3) Rename or delete the Spec.rci

4) Run the Spec-RCI Generate Batch File.bat

5) XWA will start, now enter the Tech Library, it'll take a little while for the craft to load.

6) Exit XWA you'll see a new Spec.rci has been created, hopefully if you enter the skirmish screen the new Z-95's will have missiles, If this fails repeat

If this fails to work Download Jeremy's XwaSpecRciEditor

1) Extract it anywhere you like

2) Run XwaSpecRciEditor.exe you'll find the Spec.rci in your XWA DIR open it

3) Scroll down to the craft you installed, if you look at Missile for that craft it might say 0, you will have to change this.

4) So if you have MXvTED handy, open it and got the the same craft slot click on the Weaponry tab and look at the 1. Missile Load, there should be a figure there.

5) Enter this figure in the Spec.rci file you have open

6) To save the file, DO NOT just click Save As, first you will have to go to your XWA DIR and Delete the Spec.rci manually, then and only then click on Save As, it will create a new file

7) Test in Skirmish to see if your craft now has missiles.

If you wish to edit any more craft, remember to open the Spec.rci make the changes, delete the Spec.rci and then Save As, for some reason when you try to just click Save As and overwrite the Spec.rci the changes are not saved, weird.

Anyhow have fun, hope it works
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:36 pm

Thanks mate. Good to know. I didn't realize we had to manually edit the Spec.rci data file after it's been re-generated (step 4 & 5). Thought game engine auto-populated everything.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

baggy101
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by baggy101 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:51 am

God, 20 years of moving ships...over.. again thanks darksaber!

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:31 am

Bman wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:36 pm
Thanks mate. Good to know. I didn't realize we had to manually edit the Spec.rci data file after it's been re-generated (step 4 & 5). Thought game engine auto-populated everything.

No you don't have to, it's an alternative, just in case the re-generated process doesn't work, you don't have to generate a new spec.rci file, just edit it
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station