New High-Res Hyperspace Effect

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Re: New High-Res Hyperspace Effect

keiranhalcyon7
Lieutenant JG

Post by keiranhalcyon7 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:20 am

It would be more efficient, I think, to port the XvT content to XWA. I think that's been tried, with varying levels of success (due to subtle changes in the engine, AI, etc. which impact mission balance and flow), but I haven't really done enough digging to endorse any of it.

GavUK
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by GavUK » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:48 am

I know... but XvsT is one of my all time fave games and I've been playing that recently too during this lockdown... But I prefer the upgraded graphics of XWAU 1.6 of course...

In fact I'm a huge fan of all of the series, and wish that there was a way to import all of the missions/campaigns into XWA....

But that's just like wishing for rocking horse droppings laced with hens teeth. :)

Once day... I hope they eventually make a proper sequel to these games and do just that... a New X vs T with everything plus missions from the rest of the movies 1-3, 7-9 RO and S.... But this is EA we're talking about... so each mission would be locked behind a paywall

GavUK
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by GavUK » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:51 am

keiranhalcyon7 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:20 am
It would be more efficient, I think, to port the XvT content to XWA. I think that's been tried, with varying levels of success (due to subtle changes in the engine, AI, etc. which impact mission balance and flow), but I haven't really done enough digging to endorse any of it.
That would be great if it all worked.... wishful thinking I know... But I can dream. :)