Possible to adjust gunnery model position?

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Possible to adjust gunnery model position?

Prime
XWAU Member

Post by Prime » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:58 pm

I am trying to make the Ebon Hawk model flyable and it comes with its own gunnery model. Everything is fine with this model but it means that the gunnery spots for the other transports are invisible, as it seems because the Ebon Hawk gunnery model is misaligned for these. Vice versa if I use the default gunnery model, it is misaligned for the Ebon Hawk. I played around a bit with MXvTED and the gunnery hardpoint X/Y/Z coordinates but they didn't seem to have an effect.

Is there a way to modify the gunnery model position, or is there a way to have different gunnery models for different ships. I didn't see anything in the hook documentation but maybe I missed it.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:14 pm

Hello,

You can have a look at the mission objects hook.
# crafts turrets
The craft turrets are no longer limited to CorellianTransport2, MilleniumFalcon2, and FamilyTransport. You can now enable turrets for any craft.

Suppose that the player craft is "FlightModels\[Player].opt".

The possible involved files are:
- "FlightModels\[Player]Gunner.opt"
- "FlightModels\[Player]Gunner2.opt"
- "FlightModels\CorellianTransportGunner.opt"

To define a custom gunner opt, create a "[Player]Gunner.opt" file.
To define a second custom gunner opt, create a "[Player]Gunner2.opt" file.
For the Hawk, you can rename "corelliantransportgunner.opt" to "HawkGunner.opt".

Prime
XWAU Member

Post by Prime » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:29 pm

Thanks for pointing that out, Jeremy. Cheers!