[bug] HUD & text not hiding properly

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

[bug] HUD & text not hiding properly

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sun May 17, 2020 6:18 pm

Not sure if this has been reported or fixed before, but I've encoutered a number of bugs with the HUD elements:
- If you hide the individual HUD elements, the last one you try to hide will stay. In addition any text message to appear will stay on screen and overlap with others. Toggling another element back on will fix the screen but it'll just start over again.
- If you hit CTRL+END to hide all HUD elements at once, only the Crosshair is hidden, the rest stays and can't be toggled off individually either.
HUD.jpg
Edit, just noticed it's in cockpit-mode, too
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun May 17, 2020 6:34 pm

I think this is something to do with Max's last micro update.
Believe he set the cockpit hud to stay on always.
I've had some messages text overlap too.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Sun May 17, 2020 7:16 pm

Yup, this is partially happening because I recently changed the HUD to be displayed when the cockpit was hidden, which includes the exterior view. There are a number of conflicts I need to fix here...

UPDATE: This bug has been fixed in the update from May 18, 2020. Look in the "Installers..." sticky thread.