Self Destruct Sequence -

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Self Destruct Sequence -

labc133
Cadet 1st Class

Post by labc133 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:55 am

When editing a mission for XWA and the self destruct order is activated, is there any way to make said destruction of ship look like the normal destruction sequence? I get a much quicker explosion, and sometimes not even that, The ship immediately transforms into debris chunks sometimes with no explosion.

Thanks!

korekwerner
Cadet 1st Class

Post by korekwerner » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:09 am

From what I know, the type of explosion depends on what value is assigned in the opt file. You can specify its length in the mission editor (Allied), however, if there are too many objects (elements that must be counted by the engine) in the mission, the explosion animations are automatically shortened by the game engine.

labc133
Cadet 1st Class

Post by labc133 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:15 pm

korekwerner wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:09 am
From what I know, the type of explosion depends on what value is assigned in the opt file. You can specify its length in the mission editor (Allied), however, if there are too many objects (elements that must be counted by the engine) in the mission, the explosion animations are automatically shortened by the game engine.
The length in the mission editor is just a delay before the explosion takes places, not the actual length of the explosion process. Are you referring to another option?

The explosion when it's destroyed by say, rockets, is perfect, what I'm wondering is if there's a way to make the self destruct look exactly like that.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:47 pm

Do you mean when you EJECT from a ship? Alt + E

I don't think there's a way to edit that part, also I can't see it's worth a lot of time investigating.
If I am mistaken I apologise
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

labc133
Cadet 1st Class

Post by labc133 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:51 pm

Ace Antilles wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:47 pm
Do you mean when you EJECT from a ship? Alt + E

I don't think there's a way to edit that part, also I can't see it's worth a lot of time investigating.
If I am mistaken I apologise
No, I meant the self-destruct order in AlliED.

Thanks for your response anyway.