Old Wrecking Bell Mission Overhaul - what if Lusankya Mission at Bilbringi

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Old Wrecking Bell Mission Overhaul - what if Lusankya Mission at Bilbringi

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:05 am

The Imperial High Command hereby announces

The Super Stardestroyer Lusankya, which the renegade Isard lost due to incompetence over Thyferra, has been destroyed in a targeted operation by Azure Hammer Command led by the Super Stardestroyer Whelm, as well as the Destroyers Immortal, Deathead and Avenger in a massive strike on the recently fallen Bilbringi Shipyards. The Victory Destroyer Corusca Fire also met the same fate

I have the old New Craft patch Mision The Wrecking Bell ( from about 2001, which was already adapted to Darksabers Craft pack and actually shows the blow of a task force of the new republic on a Stardestroyer in the shipyard ( In the original SSD project 41 ( there should be screens from last year in June July here in the group ) now revised and due to the new SSD and VSD hooks, which now allow the emblems an alternative What if Mission created which shows a counterstrike to the Lusankya as Imperial Pilot is supposed to represent.

Since Darksaber is no longer working on XWA as of June 2020, I've already changed everything to units from the XWA Upgrade Craft pack - the Dominator that actually intervenes on the Imperial side in the original mission has now become the VSD Corusca Fire, which wants to intervene with another VSD of the New Republic.

Hier einige Screnshots
New Republic Reinforcment VSD.png
Lusankya Destroyed.png
Imperial Taskgroup.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Avarice1987 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:09 am

1B8M6C.tie
I still need help with the mission settings for the team. I've turned all the original Imperial units into Rebel/Republic units and vice versa. However, everyone complains that the player's flight group is supposed to be on team 1. I have changed them accordingly, but now enemy units that attack me are also displayed as friendly. The result is that I have a negative score on the shootings.

Can someone from the team help me.

The second point was, which keyboard keys are responsible for hiding the HUD and all displays? I really like to take screenshots, I forgot the keys that hide everything. Can somebody help me. I would still attach the changed mission file.

Greetings Markus

Changed Mission with XWACP
1B8M6C.tie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:06 am

This looks interesting, I'll give this a playthrough at some point.

As for the issues you're having, you changed the player FG to Team 1, but everyone else is still their original one. So, what that means is, that you as an Imperial pilot, are actually on the New Republic team.

Easy to fix. First, when you open Allied, go to the team tab. Team 1 in your second file is Imperial, but their IFF is Rebel. Change the IFF to Imperial. Then, in the same tab, click the arrows to change the team overview to Team 2. Here, Team 2 is called Imperial and has an Imperial IFF. Change Team 2 to New Republic and their IFF to Rebel.

Once that is done, change the teams of each unit in the Flight Group Tab.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:45 am

First of all, Jaeven is right. The player is in Team 1, but everyone else is still in their original team, so the player is in the New Republic team.
There is also another problem in the Team tab: Team 2 is allied to team 1 but not vice versa.
This explains why, even if you are on the New Republic side, you can still display all the Imperial crafts as friendly crafts.

Of course, as Jaeven wrote, this requires changing the IFF settings in the Team tab, the "allied Team" settings and the team of each unit in the Flight Group tab.
However, even if this solution surely works, it also requires an order rework for some Flight Groups, as some orders had been assigned using IFF.
That's why I suggest assigning orders only using Global Groups and Global Units.

Other things I noticed:
1) The VSD Corusca Fire (and its fleet) arrives 35 minutes after the start of the mission. Isn't this a bit too long?

2) In the screenshot you posted in the Mission Goals HUD there is ": All Destroyed (100%)".
This happens because there is the Global Primary Goal "100% of Global Group 5 must be destroyed", but the text is missing.
My proposal: "New Republic Shipyards: All destroyed"

3) The entire "Messages" section is designed to be played on the New Republic side. I'm afraid you will have to get rid of them.
Otherwise you should remake all the Messages from scratch. Voice actors needed.

I'm already taking care of reworking this mission (without the messages though) a bit since I see a lot of potential and fun here, but I won't be investigating collisions.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:35 am

In the original version the amplification appeared, which here consists of the Intrdictor destroyer Vortex, a VSD and otherwise the same number of corvettes ect also after 35 minutes. I don't know what it is coupled to exactly.

2. i know

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:08 am

I've changed the temas and adjusted the radio transmissions.

What I did not succeed now to add the mission goal HUD with the designation NR Shipyard must be destroyed. I set the time to 22 minutes until the Republican reinforcements.
1B8M6C.tie

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:42 am

Mark_Farlander wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:45 am
First of all, Jaeven is right. The player is in Team 1, but everyone else is still in their original team, so the player is in the New Republic team.
There is also another problem in the Team tab: Team 2 is allied to team 1 but not vice versa.
This explains why, even if you are on the New Republic side, you can still display all the Imperial crafts as friendly crafts.

Of course, as Jaeven wrote, this requires changing the IFF settings in the Team tab, the "allied Team" settings and the team of each unit in the Flight Group tab.
However, even if this solution surely works, it also requires an order rework for some Flight Groups, as some orders had been assigned using IFF.
That's why I suggest assigning orders only using Global Groups and Global Units.

Other things I noticed:
1) The VSD Corusca Fire (and its fleet) arrives 35 minutes after the start of the mission. Isn't this a bit too long?

2) In the screenshot you posted in the Mission Goals HUD there is ": All Destroyed (100%)".
This happens because there is the Global Primary Goal "100% of Global Group 5 must be destroyed", but the text is missing.
My proposal: "New Republic Shipyards: All destroyed"

3) The entire "Messages" section is designed to be played on the New Republic side. I'm afraid you will have to get rid of them.
Otherwise you should remake all the Messages from scratch. Voice actors needed.

I'm already taking care of reworking this mission (without the messages though) a bit since I see a lot of potential and fun here, but I won't be investigating collisions.

I Sent you a PM

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:53 am

OK, thanks.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:28 am

Avarice1987 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:08 am
I set the time to 22 minutes until the Republican reinforcements.
Republican reinforcements? Like Ronald Regan riding in on a velociraptor?

Once this FG arrives in sector, all bets are off. :D

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:29 am

Vote Republican. Vote Mothma 2020. Down with the Imperials!