Mission.list clarification

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Mission.list clarification

Drinkinmiester
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Drinkinmiester » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:07 am

dusted off the old tower and started tinkering with xwa again. I have a huge pile of missions from various authors from over the years that I'm trying to edit and incorporate most of them into and create one big long campaign. I noticed how messed up looking my missions.list is looking and realized that I'm pretty sure I had it working before I switched to a new pc. I know I had some preliminary version of this working but my mission.list looks like a mess. This brings up a couple of questions. The mission.list help section here mentions that the mission numbers have to be sequential. Does the whole list have to be sequential with every mission number integer one right after the other with no gaps in the count? Or is it just the mission numbers within a given campaign? Or do the mission numbers only have to be in order from lowest to highest and gaps are ok or what? Like if I had one battle with missions 1-5 and put another battle with missions numbered 10-15 right after the first would it still work as long as I didn't mix up other numbers in there?

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:22 am

No you can have gaps in the mission numbers, and its even recommended for a couple because they have hardcoded elements related to the original campaign. For example, number 2 is the hardcoded on-rails section where you're stuck in the turret while Emaky flies the ship. If I recall also, numbers 49-52 is also the Death Star stuff that can also affect your mission playback. Perfectly fine to skip them though as long as its ahead of the previous mission.

Drinkinmiester
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Drinkinmiester » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:10 am

Good to know, Thanks for the confirmation!