DYNAMIC CAMPAIGN

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

DYNAMIC CAMPAIGN

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:50 am

well, i dont know if this exist, a dynamic campagin generator or a randorm mission generator for xwa.

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:32 pm

I don't think there's anything like that yet.

How do you imagine that? Some kind of software that generates random bets?
It is in any case an interesting idea

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:06 pm

yes a software that generate random missions depend of the results of your previous battle withe the objetive to reduce influence of oponent in a sector for example, or reduce the ships of the oponent, or a simple random mision generator, dont know there are a lot of posibility.

haui
Cadet 1st Class

Post by haui » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:23 am

That is a very interestic idea.
It's better to burn out than to fade away .

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:24 pm

yeah i am thinking studing programing for things like that, but ummmm i think i am old hahah

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:41 pm

I would support this idea. Especially if we could make the existing concourse and pilot room reward pilots dynamically with awards, ranks and pilot room decorations, based on any number of stats, mission triggers, and/or campaign, skirmish, or bonus point accumulations.
Image Image Image Image Image

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:58 am

Had a similar idea several years ago but never acted on it; it would've been an outside application that monitored the results of the current mission in the pilot file, then modify the Battle.LFD/Mission.LST (depending on platform) to queue the next appropriate mission, or directly edit the next mission (FG count, disable/enable arrival, etc).

TIE had a mechanism to enable "permadeath" for a FG natively, so say you managed to destroy a specific capital ship early in the campaign, it wouldn't appear in later missions. I never really tinkered with it, since you could usually design around that ("force" it to escape, whatever).
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor v1.15.6
Current software WIPs: TIE Layout and Cutscene Editor, TIE/XvT Cockpit Editor
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:02 am

@JaggedFel what do you think of the random mission generator? I expect auto-generating a fully fledged multi-staged mission will be a mammoth task, but maybe there's a way to generate randomized skirmishes(i.e. temp.tie) from a template with fixed flightgroups and a limited pool of orders and goals, in alignment with the options in skirmish editor..
I'd think the various FG slots per team would need to be defined
1) Squadron of playable ships
2) Squadron of Starfighters (Bomber)
3) Squadron of Starfighters (Interceptor)
4-5) Shuttles / Transports / Containers
6-8) Capital Ships / Stations
Repeat for the enemy team
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:52 pm

Vince T wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:02 am
@JaggedFel what do you think of the random mission generator? I expect auto-generating a fully fledged multi-staged mission will be a mammoth task, but maybe there's a way to generate randomized skirmishes(i.e. temp.tie) from a template with fixed flightgroups and a limited pool of orders and goals, in alignment with the options in skirmish editor..
I'd think the various FG slots per team would need to be defined
1) Squadron of playable ships
2) Squadron of Starfighters (Bomber)
3) Squadron of Starfighters (Interceptor)
4-5) Shuttles / Transports / Containers
6-8) Capital Ships / Stations
Repeat for the enemy team
Yeah, a skirmish generator would be much easier to do, as there's no real story element to generate; show up, shoot bad guys, go home. It'd be similar to how multiplayer story missions are created, with holding the temp.tie to a specific setup and set to Read-Only so it'll load without overwriting and breaking something.

Alternatively, if instead of doing it as a skirmish it's created as a normal mission, then you could start with say a half-dozen map templates (asteroid field, open space, freighter depot, etc) and then overlay the randomized elements on top of that.
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor v1.15.6
Current software WIPs: TIE Layout and Cutscene Editor, TIE/XvT Cockpit Editor
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:21 pm

well I found this:
http://www.xvtedicion.es/bin/descargas/ ... rat17b.rar
It is supposed to be a strategic game for xwa, it is like a dynamic campaign and you control sectors according to the outcome of your battles.
Generate skirmish-based battles based on your available fleet.
It seems to work but I don't know how to make it work.
I think the idea is good but can be improved.
If you can take a look you engineers hahaha.

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:16 pm

Hello, I don't know how to program or anything like that but I am very self-taught and I like to investigate and learn.
I want to make a strategy game where the battles are resolved in xwa, or a career mode il-2 style, but I need to learn how to do it first.
Do you know what programs I need to study to do this, such as a template-based skirmish autogenerator or something similar, or better, I forget since it is too difficult?