Texturing problem in ace

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Texturing problem in ace

HITTER
Cadet 1st Class

Post by HITTER » Wed Apr 11, 2001 11:07 pm

For the last while everytning has been going <BR>ok. When I put my models in to X wing alliance they worked perfect. I had no infinty triangle problems. The face count was just right not to high and not to low. Then when I tryed converting my models to quadrangles I noticed a problem. Ok for example I turn my other 2 triangle faces into one quadrangle. When I look at the face in the texture window its as if the face is still two triangles making the textures point in different directions/or that theres two faces still there wiht the same texture on them. I would really appreciat any help on this one seeing as how none of the tutorials helped. It feels as if I can get by this everthing else will be a brease. My second problem is that the textures are blurring up from different angles. <P>------------------<BR><p>[This message has been edited by HITTER (edited 12 April 2001).]

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Apr 12, 2001 5:30 pm

which Cad program are you using to make you ?DXF's??<P>
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

HITTER
Cadet 1st Class

Post by HITTER » Thu Apr 12, 2001 10:20 pm

Darksaber thank you for replying to my question. So you asked me what CAD program I am using I am using Rhino amd TurboCAD. However for this model which I have had slight difficulty with I have used Rhino. <P>------------------<BR>

HITTER
Cadet 1st Class

Post by HITTER » Mon Apr 16, 2001 5:47 pm

does anyone understand the question I can try to elaberate for you.

Phoenix
Commander

Post by Phoenix » Mon Apr 16, 2001 7:47 pm

Are you sure that the two triangles make a FLAT quadrangle? i.e. it is not creased in the middle
End of line...

HITTER
Cadet 1st Class

Post by HITTER » Mon Apr 16, 2001 8:54 pm

I dont think so it looks fine in the mesh window but screwed up in the texuring windows. Still go on what to mean by creased.<P>------------------<BR>

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Apr 16, 2001 9:44 pm

Another thought are the faces flipped, in rhino press on render, options and uncheck the render backfaces box. press ok then render it and see what happens<P>if tha faces are flipped, explode the mesh and select the face you wish to be flipped<BR>and in the command line type Flip and press enter,<P>Easier way would be to make a short cut to the Flip you can do the in options.<P>if this isn't the problem show a picture so I can see what is actually going on with your mod
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

HITTER
Cadet 1st Class

Post by HITTER » Mon Apr 16, 2001 11:31 pm

Thanks Darksaber I think it would be best to <BR>show you the pics of my problem. Although I dont have the time to do so tonight I will most probably put up a new web page tommorow to show you exactly whats going because it really hard to explain.<P>------------------<BR>

DataDroid
XWAU Member

Post by DataDroid » Wed Apr 18, 2001 3:53 pm

Even easier, don't bother exploding the mesh at all. Just select it and type "unifymeshnormals". This makes all faces oriented the same way.
There are 10 kinds of people.<BR>Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

scifihaven
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by scifihaven » Thu Apr 19, 2001 2:10 am

ok i have a problem I extracted DXF from a excisting OPT. The Tie Interceptor I turned the T/I's wings to point backwards and moved it's wing holders to a upward angle. Well when i import into ACE it tells me to load a DXF file. <shrug> Any Ideas? I been working on this ship for like 5 years on and off and gave up on it a few times so any help will be appreicated Image <P>Invader
Invader<BR>Gamemaster<BR>Scifihaven.com

HITTER
Cadet 1st Class

Post by HITTER » Thu Apr 19, 2001 4:51 am

Ok heres a link to the pics which illestrate <BR>the problem. Oh and by the way foling around in Rhino did not appear to help. Thank you for your time

HITTER
Cadet 1st Class

Post by HITTER » Thu Apr 19, 2001 4:52 am

Ok heres a link to the pics which illestrate <BR>the problem. Oh and by the way foling around in Rhino did not appear to help. Thank you for your time.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/chrom670/HITTE ... 7659054800" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/chrom670/HITTE ... 9054800</A>

HITTER
Cadet 1st Class

Post by HITTER » Thu Apr 19, 2001 5:00 am