Problem with briefing wavs

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Problem with briefing wavs

WarlordMoC
Recruit

Post by WarlordMoC » Mon Aug 21, 2000 1:29 am

from what I could tell XWA has a naming convention for the briefing voices, I have a mission called 1B8M1FM.TIE which has the briefing/debriefing voices in wave/frontend/b8m1/<P>Plays during briefing lines (XWA has them start at 2 I don't know why):<BR>B080102.wav<BR>B080103.wav<BR>B080104.wav<BR>Plays for winning a mission:<BR>W080101.wav<BR>W080102.wav<BR>Plays before the briefing (Admiral's speech):<BR>S080101.wav<BR>S080102.wav<P>For some reason when I play XWA NONE of the files play, the lst files only work for in-mission voices, wondering if any of you knew anything about this, I could really use the help I have craploads of briefing waves to use Image

The Saxman
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by The Saxman » Mon Aug 21, 2000 4:44 am

First off, I'd recommend checking out X-wing: Legacy for problems like this.<P>Second, I believe it's impossible at this time to add new briefing WAVs. XWA seems to only look for them on the CD.

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Mon Aug 21, 2000 6:22 am

This post certainly doesn't bleong into the XWA Upgrade section of this Forum, but into the editing section, were you can find it now...<P>------------------<BR>A Jedi seeks for knowledge, a master possesses it!<BR><A HREF="http://swguide.cjb.net" TARGET=_blank>The Star Wars Guide to the Galaxy</A><BR>The home of a masters knowlegde!
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

WarlordMoC
Recruit

Post by WarlordMoC » Mon Aug 21, 2000 9:17 am

Well I was gone from XWA for quite a while and when I come back I find datamasters shutdown, so I didn't know where anyone who was working on anything similar was, then I noticed some old names here and figured everyone must check these boards. But fine, I'll go check X-Wing Legacy.<P>Also from what I've found in the exe today, it's NOT looking just on the CD, just there's a certain string I can't seem to find. lookie here:<P>wave\frontend\B%dM%d\S%s.wav<BR>wave\frontend\B%dM%d\B%s.wav<P>this is what's listed in the exe %d is an integer, %s is a string, this is located at 0211972, which is part of the section that dictates the loading order when a mission is started. The hard part isn't finding out how to name the files, but what that string is and where/how it's getting the string. It's not just a matter of the filenames, plus this is the same case with the Win and Lose condition wavs.<P>Also, I'm sure it is checking the filenames themselves, but there's something more in there that everyone overlooked.<p>[This message has been edited by WarlordMoC (edited 21 August 2000).]

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Mon Aug 21, 2000 10:08 am

Mhm, this is most interesting. I know people tried to do what you want to do, before, but so far nobody I know off suceeded.<BR>Please, once you find out how it's done make sure to let us all know!<P>------------------<BR>A Jedi seeks for knowledge, a master possesses it!<BR><A HREF="http://swguide.cjb.net" TARGET=_blank>The Star Wars Guide to the Galaxy</A><BR>The home of a masters knowlegde!
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project