XWA missions in the guner seat (AlliED)

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

XWA missions in the guner seat (AlliED)

K_Kinnison
Rear Admiral (Lower Half)

Post by K_Kinnison » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:24 am

I have been fiddling around with AlliED and trying to figure out how to make it so like in 1b0m1FW you are stuck in the gunner seat and the craft is on autopilot<P>Or is it only 1b0m1FW that you can do it.. that like the first 7 missions all being from the Azzameen station?
Currently working on an XWA campaign
XWAU Plank holder
XWAU Team official Poker

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:18 am

If I remember right, that autopilot is hard-coded into the game for the second mission. That's why traditionally custom missions would start at M53, to bypass it.
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor v1.15.6
Current software WIPs: TIE Layout and Cutscene Editor, TIE/XvT Cockpit Editor
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

Ol
Rebel Alliance

Post by Ol » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:00 pm

Yup, it's hardcoded. You can either - start at a later mission no. or have your second mission based on being in the gunners seat.

Atx
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atx » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:44 am

Hmmm, my memory is so foggy...I think when I was fiddling around with my Battle of Hoth mission that by making the snowspeeder a transport in mxvted that I was able to have the gunner option going with full auto-pilot on seeing as the craft wasn't crashing into the landscape I had.<BR>Thing is it could have been my mission placement but I'm sure I always made my mission AFTER the originals so it shouldn't have worked otherwise...been over 2 years man...sheesh! :p
The Navbuoy is closed...long live the XWAU!!!

K_Kinnison
Rear Admiral (Lower Half)

Post by K_Kinnison » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:43 pm

I am just searching and trying to see the limits of the engine. and the editor. I am trying to come up with non-combat missions.<P>I just wish I wasn't limited to 64 messages per game... i LOVE dialog.. especially the banter
Currently working on an XWA campaign
XWAU Plank holder
XWAU Team official Poker