New Jedi Order E-book: Recovery

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

New Jedi Order E-book: Recovery

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Sat Jun 08, 2002 10:39 am

I was browsing one of the NJO fan sites, one of which has brief plot overviews of all the NJO books (talk about a spoiler!). Anyways, down the list, between BALANCE POINT and CONQUEST, there is an E-book called <B>RECOVERY</B><P>Where do you think I can get this E-book from? The site doesn't say where! Here's the URL to the fan-site:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.njoe.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.njoe.com/</A> <P>look down the left hand frame for the plot overviews.
Texturing the <B>XWAUP Hyper Bouy</B><P><I>(Its gonna blow your mind)</I>

Exar Kun
Ensign

Post by Exar Kun » Sat Jun 08, 2002 12:20 pm

Get it from Amazon.com. Its dirt cheap and its just a simple download. Make sure you have an e-book reader (Amazon provides a link). Its only a short book but it does fill in some of the events between Balance Point and Conquest as well as introducing a couple of characters from later books.
Whatever doesn't kill you can only make you stronger...Unless it bites your legs off, in which case it can only make you shorter.

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:33 pm

cheers.

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Wed Jun 19, 2002 8:26 pm

I can download a free program to read it? I don't need one of those fancy things?
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Vagrant_Jedi
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Vagrant_Jedi » Wed Jun 19, 2002 10:10 pm

The idea of an E-Book is idiotic...it'll take my less than minute to find it on some warez site.
There is no peace; there is anger. <BR>There is no compassion; there is hate. <BR>There is no fear; there is power. <BR>There is no restraint; there is immortality. <BR>There is no death; there is the Dark Side.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Jun 19, 2002 11:42 pm

If you miss these E-books do you actually miss important plot points?<BR>I really hate that when you're supposed to get like a special issue, which for some is hard to get and it starts off a whole storyline.<P>Or are they just a way for them to make more money! :D
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

legend43
Lieutenant JG

Post by legend43 » Thu Jun 20, 2002 2:28 am

I was wondering that too. I don't wanna sit down on my f***ing comp for hours reading pointless garbage. I would rather be writing my book....(oops said too much ;-))
ME: I hate censoship. It's gay.<BR>AK: I know @#!$ that!

Gryphon
Lieutenant JG

Post by Gryphon » Thu Jun 20, 2002 4:03 am

me too, opps :D
<B>Crusade 3 Game Master</B><BR><A HREF="http://swcrusade.ionichost.com" TARGET=_blank>http://swcrusade.ionichost.com </A>

Vagrant_Jedi
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Vagrant_Jedi » Thu Jun 20, 2002 4:38 am

Star Wars continuity has been shot to hell by LFL...I was planning on writing a fanfic about the crash of the Chu'unthor until I ran into these continuity problems...seems some sources say it went down 500 BSW4, others 400, more still 300, and what the offical site says as 200. I wish they'd make up their minds...and that's just the tip of the contuinty iceburg. Well Lucas said it best when he said the EU is a parrallel universe to HIS Star Wars and is not CANON.<P>As for the E-Books, they are short little nothings. Don't bother, I have the E-Book Darth Maul Sabatuor, wasn't worth the 130kb download.
There is no peace; there is anger. <BR>There is no compassion; there is hate. <BR>There is no fear; there is power. <BR>There is no restraint; there is immortality. <BR>There is no death; there is the Dark Side.

Exar Kun
Ensign

Post by Exar Kun » Thu Jun 20, 2002 7:58 pm

Well, Recovery does actually connect with the NJO. It introduces several characters who later appear in Star by Star, covers Han and Leia starting the road to repairing their marriage and fills in a few bits about Viqi Sheesh almost getting caught out. I wouldn't say that it has inmportant plot points, it just fills in a couple of gaps. <P>It costs $3.00 and the E-book reader is free, Although like Vagrant Jedi says you could probably find it free somewhere.<P>Never read the Darth Maul one...Don't want to either. Hated Shadow Hunter. Question how is it Darth Maul was able to run around on Coruscant and known of the Jedi Masters felt him?.
Whatever doesn't kill you can only make you stronger...Unless it bites your legs off, in which case it can only make you shorter.

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:10 am

I know this is bad, but...<P>where can i get free e-books such as NJO: Recovery?