Attack of the Clones DVD

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Attack of the Clones DVD

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:01 pm

<A HREF="http://www.starwars.com" TARGET=_blank>www.starwars.com</A> have posted a 2 page feature about the upcoming AotC DVD!<P>It's just over a month until it's released now. 11th November here in the UK and 12th Nov in the US! <I>haha! :)<BR> Image
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

TIMMAY
Ensign

Post by TIMMAY » Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:52 am

You know, It gets released 3 days after my birthday, I dont think i would mind my present be a few days late this time :D
<A HREF="http://www.ehnet.org/mb/viewforum.php?f=122" TARGET=_blank>Imperial Alliance</A>

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Wed Oct 09, 2002 5:05 pm

YAY! we get something first!
Texturing the <B>XWAUP Hyper Bouy</B><P><I>(Its gonna blow your mind)</I>

DataDroid
XWAU Member

Post by DataDroid » Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:18 pm

IGN will review it tonight at midnight, and TFN already has their first of two reviews of it up.
There are 10 kinds of people.<BR>Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Billy Shears
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Billy Shears » Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:48 pm

So, there's the AOTC DVD, Bounty Hunter, and The Clone Wars all coming out in November...that's like...evil...where am I gonna find that much money for all three things in one month?! And then there's the IMAX AOTC...
It was twenty years ago today...

legend43
Lieutenant JG

Post by legend43 » Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:25 pm

The WHAT?! Imax AOTC?! oh well. I am gonna buy iy for my birthday
ME: I hate censoship. It's gay.<BR>AK: I know @#!$ that!

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:59 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by legend43:<BR><STRONG>The WHAT?! Imax AOTC?! oh well. I am gonna buy iy for my birthday</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>IMAX is a cinema experience. Basically a massive enormous screen with the best digital picture and sound!<BR>Not very common though especially in other Countries. AOTC is being converted to this Forum. Check the official site for info.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:14 pm

I'm lucky, the ONLY(?) IMAX theatre in Michigan is in the city north of here, about 45 min drive. WOOOOOOOOOOOO! Definitely going! :D<P>And getting the DVD too, widescreen. :cool:
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:48 pm

Virginia Marine Science Museum <I>and</I> VA Air and Space center are showing it. Both are about 15-30 minutes away. :) :) :D :p
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Billy Shears
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Billy Shears » Sun Oct 13, 2002 10:42 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR> I'm lucky, the ONLY(?) IMAX theatre in Michigan is in the city north of here, about 45 min drive. WOOOOOOOOOOOO! Definitely going! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I despise you. ;) I live in South Jersey, and the closest IMAX that's showing AOTC is somewhere in New York (not NYC). :mad:<p>[ 14 October 2002: Message edited by: Billy Shears ]
It was twenty years ago today...

DataDroid
XWAU Member

Post by DataDroid » Sun Oct 13, 2002 11:08 pm

Did you further know that Nov. 12 is <I>also</I> the day that the LOTR:SEE (Special Extended Edition) DVD comes out?
There are 10 kinds of people.<BR>Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Terribly Mauled
Ensign

Post by Terribly Mauled » Mon Oct 14, 2002 5:48 am

These next few weeks, until the end of November, are hugely expensive for a DVD buff... its just nasty... :D) and LotR:FotR extended most of all though...
"Come come Master Kenobi. Put me out of my misery..."<BR>- Count Dooku, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones<BR>------------------------<P>Star Wars: X Wing Alliance - <BR><A HREF="http://njoproject.skywalkeronline.net/" TARGET=_blank>The New Jedi Order Project</A><P><BR>The Invasion begins...

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:04 pm

Yeah, AOTC and LOTR:FOTR Extended Edition both come out on the same day, I plan on buying both. And there just happens to be an Imax theater in Phoenix (I'm in Tucson).
This is just my two cents.

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:55 pm

What's the Extended Edition have?<P>And I found out that it's not the only IMAX theatre in MI, but still the closest. :p

DataDroid
XWAU Member

Post by DataDroid » Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:04 pm

The SEE is a must-have DVD for any serious LOTR fan. It includes about 30 minutes of extra movie footage, new music, director's commentaries, documentaries, interviews, TV specials, you name it. It comes on four discs.

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:10 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DataDroid:<BR><STRONG>The SEE is a must-have DVD for any serious LOTR fan. It includes about 30 minutes of extra movie footage, new music, director's commentaries, documentaries, interviews, TV specials, you name it. It comes on four discs.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>If I'm correct, the Theatrical Release DVD had all the TV specials/promo stuff. All the material for this 4 disc set has been produced ONLY for this disc set - none of it has been seen outside the disc set. And there's like 3 different commentaries (just the commentaries equals over 9 hours of bonus features). Basically anything you could possibly want to know about LotR (and it comes out close enough to the new movie that for those of us who are anticipating the next one, it'll help make the wait easier). BTW, not sure if anybody here knows, but the Back to the Future trilogy is coming out on DVD in December (another set I'm looking forward to).

Berruga
XWAU Member

Post by Berruga » Fri Oct 18, 2002 6:20 am

I already have 'Back to the future' trilogy on DVD here in my country! (Spain) :D

Terribly Mauled
Ensign

Post by Terribly Mauled » Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:57 pm

Darn right, u can import it from Australia too for a mere £18 for the whole set... identical to the UK version, £12 cheaper, AND it's region 2 as well, so u don't need a multi region player!<P>Just got E.T. this morning too, and its a sweet set... don't let all the BS about the 2002/1982 versions put u off, as they're both included in the standard USA set...
"Come come Master Kenobi. Put me out of my misery..."<BR>- Count Dooku, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones<BR>------------------------<P>Star Wars: X Wing Alliance - <BR><A HREF="http://njoproject.skywalkeronline.net/" TARGET=_blank>The New Jedi Order Project</A><P><BR>The Invasion begins...

DataDroid
XWAU Member

Post by DataDroid » Fri Oct 18, 2002 7:06 pm

Ah, right, I forgot. The only promo it has is the 4-minute TTT teaser attached to later prints of FOTR as an easter egg.

legend43
Lieutenant JG

Post by legend43 » Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:33 am

I do know what an Imax is, i just wasn't aware that it was goint to be on an Imax. There is one 30 minutes from me.
ME: I hate censoship. It's gay.<BR>AK: I know @#!$ that!

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Sat Oct 19, 2002 11:26 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terribly Mauled:<BR><STRONG>Darn right, u can import it from Australia too for a mere £18 for the whole set... identical to the UK version, £12 cheaper, AND it's region 2 as well, so u don't need a multi region player!<P>Just got E.T. this morning too, and its a sweet set... don't let all the BS about the 2002/1982 versions put u off, as they're both included in the standard USA set...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I thought that the only way you could get the original 1982 version was to get a $50 gift set that also included the remastered soundtrack and screenplay. So if you just buy the $20 DVD it includes both versions? - I wasn't gonna buy the DVD if it didn't include both versions - didn't like the SE.

Terribly Mauled
Ensign

Post by Terribly Mauled » Fri Oct 25, 2002 2:44 pm

Yep, the standard USA two disc set includes the 1982 cut, although the packaging does not say so(!)<P>If ur in the UK, the 2002 version comes out on monday the 28th without the 1982 cut, but wait until December 9th, as they're releasing a 3 disc version which DOES include the 1982 cut... confused? :D

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:36 pm

WOO HOO!<P>The IMAX theatre we're going to is having two showings on Thursday (Oct 31st)! :D :D :D<P>Definitely gonna try to go to one of those! :D And if not Thursday night, most definitely Friday.

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Fri Nov 01, 2002 3:18 pm

Okay, so I didn't go yesterday, but we're going to be seeing it at 1:15PM EST. One hour and fifty-five minutes. :cool: