Ultimate Millennium Falcon

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Ultimate Millennium Falcon

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:31 pm

This is so cool! I just wish it wasn't $150! :(
Plus I would have def got it 2 years ago but now I dunno.

Watch the video of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udR4uK_TfL0
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

darklord
Galactic Empire

Post by darklord » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:08 am

I know! I just saw some of thoes at wal-mart! My best friend in elementary school had the old 80's one. I remember thinking it was so cool. I always wanted one too. Just watching that video makes me almost want to go out and buy it right now. But I'm really strapped for cash :(

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:43 pm

I keep resisting it. But when I go to TRU and see one I may give in! :(
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Artichao
Lieutenant JG

Post by Artichao » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:41 pm

Heh. Wow... haven't posted here in a while... >_>

Anyway...

It really IS amazing!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... %20Falcon/

There it is compared to the 1990's one (which was based on the original anyway). It was freaking HARD to get Chewie and Han in the old cockpit! @_@

I was lucky. Meijer normal carries it for $160... but had a two week sale going dropping it to $130. It was also somehow a senior discount day which applied to my mom, taking an additional 15% off it. Finally, since I worked there, I got a further 10% off that. It was a steal! Just about $60 off!

I love the thing and STILL can't believe it's size! @_@ It's making me want to collect ships again! (Only had the old Falcon, X-Wing, A-Wing, Snowspeeder, Skyhopper, TIE Fighter, Vader's TIE, and Outrider, so I missed quite a bit)

Some more bits on it. Old Falcon eats up 2 D-sized batteries for 4 buttons: hyperdrive, alarm, blasters, and flying. It only lit up the headlights and the oddly placed laser cannons on top and bottom of said headlights. New Falcon only needs 3 AA batteries (which conveniently fit under the 6 "vents") which handle what the manual calls "13 switches":
  • one button on the cockpit to start up the engine (with lights for the engines, headlights, and cockpit
    one button lowers the entry way which also lights up two lights on either side of it
    a set of three buttons that causes blasters and more engine noises (and some talking too depending on how long you hold it)
    a button for the "chess" game that lights up the board and recreates the scene with all the lines from the movie
    a button for the probe training Luke did with Ben
    two buttons on the main turbolaser on top that not only fires "missiles" but makes blasting sounds
    two switches on opposite side of the entry way for launching and docking noises of the mini-fighter
    four buttons in front of the ship to fire missiles (only one is counted as a switch as it makes blasting sounds)
    the on/off switch
As you can see from the shots, the engines look great (don't mind the feet in that shot though! XD)

EDIT: And now's when I realize it was 2 months old... I hope it's okay since it was only the second topic down...

Re-EDIT: Updating link so others can see it since I moved it.
Last edited by Artichao on Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Official leecher of opts and destroyer of running gags. Just pay no attention to me or my suggestions.

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:53 pm

Nah, no problem. Thanks for posting your thoughts, looks pretty cool. :)

If I may ask, which Meijer store do you work at? Or just general area..
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Artichao
Lieutenant JG

Post by Artichao » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:07 pm

Sheesh... I need to come in more often here... Well, I'll be getting a new computer soon (already have the tower [read: shoebox] and a card reader, expecting the rest Monday), so XWA will work fine any way I wanna play it.

Anyway, I bought it and work at my local one, which is in St. Charles, Illinois. Now that I've said all that, I'm preparing my fleet for any stalking attempts!

*readies TIE Fighter, Vader's TIE, both Falcons, X-, A-, B-, and V-Wings, V-19 Torrent, T-16 Skyhopper, Obi-Wan's Actis Interceptor, Snowspeeder, and future Y-Wing and TIE Bomber*

I need to get out more... @_@

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:14 am

Okay, cool. That's actually one of the only stores I haven't been to, another company has the contract for the Chicago area stores but we have all the other stores. Perhaps if we ever get those stores back I'll make it out there. :)

Artichao
Lieutenant JG

Post by Artichao » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:22 pm

That'd be cool. It'd be hard to pick me out of the crowd though... XD

I'll be the guy wearing red with a nametag! XD
Official leecher of opts and destroyer of running gags. Just pay no attention to me or my suggestions.

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:24 am

Thanks for the tip! :lachtot: