TIE Aggressor

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

TIE Aggressor

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:15 am

Screenshot 2018-03-04 13.39.33.png
Like most Imperial fighters, the Aggressor sported a small profile, making it a difficult target to hit. Its maneuverability suffered however, as what limited space was available was needed to provide additional power for the turret. In addition, as the turret needed extra firing space around the sides of the ship to line up shots, the Aggressor had a distinct shortage of ionization and radiation paneling in comparison to most TIE fighters. Because of this shortage of space, the standard TIE cockpit pod used for the Aggressor was lacking its usual chin-mounted weapon hardpoints, instead utilizing external racks for modular forward-facing laser cannons.

Download

The ship seems to be required to be classed as a light transport for the turret to work, in the event you can't find it in the shiplist under "fighters", this is why.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Driftwood on Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:05 pm

Urgh, I remember how annoying these were in SWG. Such a pain in the ass to kill, especially the higher tier ones.

Great opt though :D

Any potential upcoming love for the TIE Oppressor? ;)

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:31 pm

Recreated the TIE Aggressor and TIE Oppressor years ago, but never got around to finishing them haven't touched either since 2011
TieAgg.jpg
TieOpp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:49 pm

I've always liked your textures.

Maybe we'll see another version of this ship from you in the future? :p

And Jaeven, yes I'll be porting over the oppressor soon, right after I finish the three Hutt fighters I've been working on getting ported the last couple weeks.
Last edited by Driftwood on Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:46 pm

Driftwood wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:49 pm
I've always liked your textures.

Maybe we'll see another version of this ship from you in the future? :p
Thanks, I couldn't have adapted to making the textures without Decoy's help, who originally made the default Tie textures :) just followed on from what he did :)

One day we'll see about finishing it, but it won't be any time soon so the floor is yours :D
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:02 pm

File has been updated with .shp

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:08 pm

Have you uploaded the right file, just download the Tie again, but no .shp file :(
- John Lydgate

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:35 pm

That's weird, I'll re-upload again.

Should be good now.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:04 pm

Yep all's good :)
- John Lydgate

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:08 am

Nice. :thumbs:

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:17 am

Magnificent work!

By the way, was the TIE/AG Aggressor starfighter commissioned before the TIE/IN interceptor according to the Legends continuity?
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:26 pm

No. TIE Interceptor entered service well before Yavin, whereas the Aggressor was never produced in large numbers at any point. They were still in a preliminarily testing phase after Yavin.

That's all we know, they didn't show up in a lot of material outside of SWG.

XDragon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by XDragon » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:18 pm

Is there anyway to add the turret to the ship?

Also, in skirmish, I noticed there were no sounds with the laters
Founder of Z3R0 (Zero Command)
https://xdragon2688.wixsite.com/z3ro/

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:42 pm

No laser sound? That's a new one, I can't say I've experienced that, but will look into it.

Are you talking about a turret like the corts, or an auto for one? If the latter the ship has to be set as a shuttle rather than fighter.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:36 pm

Your kidding lol

@XDragon, Simple solution, plus this is if you either have the XWACP ior DSUCP installed, look in you flightmodels folder you should see a load of text file find the TieFighterSound.txt make a copy of it and rename it TieAggressorSound.txt Laser sound solved.
- John Lydgate

XDragon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by XDragon » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:08 pm

So the solution isn't as simple, there's no engine, damage, laser or anything sound in any fighter. It's dscup 2.5, modified with just a few ships and edited stats oh and custom missions. I'm not sure if something got messed up

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:02 pm

If you have no sound at all, then something got messed up, try reinstalling XWA
- John Lydgate

XDragon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by XDragon » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:11 pm

Yeah just the music plays. It's only on this version if the installs too, I checked with the DSCUP and DTM's Unicorn squadron.

I guess lll have to save the pilot and mission and delete the folder and try it again.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sat May 26, 2018 5:29 pm

TIE Aggressor cockpit POV has been updated.
Added TIEAggressorSound.txt

Correct POV 1, 0, 0.

Reminder: For the turret to function the craft must be classed as a shuttle, otherwise you will experience oddities with the turret lasers.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:27 am

With "oddities" do you mean that the turret won't fire?
Or will all the weapons fire from a single point?

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:09 pm

Okay, so there is apparently an issue with the cockpit opt for some reason. I've had two people mention that the cockpits for the Aggressor and the Oppressor eventually crash the game.

I have thus far not been able to replicate this issue myself, and looking at the vertex counts they are all well within 4096 per mesh.

This is a perplexing issue since the exterior files use almost identical cockpit meshes discounting the interior glass supports removed since you can't see them from outside. Thing is, I opted the cockpit before the exterior file and both should be having the same issue, but they're not. Short of starting completely from scratch, I can't fix the issue since I can't figure out what the source of the problem is.

If you experience any crashes, I recommend for the time being, using DS' TIE Fighter cockpit opt and rename it to TIEAggressorcockpit/TIEOppressorcockpit

One individual stated that the game only crashes inside the Hangar, and that inflight the ship works fine.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:40 am

Cockpit crash issue has been resolved.

Drinkinmiester
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Drinkinmiester » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:03 pm

Hi Driftwood, just a heads up. On your website I tried to dl the "Orbital Station" but the link goes to the raider corvette download. I'm diggin' the Pelta so far too btw, Thanks!

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:08 pm

The orbital station hasn't technically released yet is why, and the pelts needs an .shp file and also is not technically released yet, hence no announcement.

Let me know of any issues.