Imperial Quarters Remaster

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Imperial Quarters Remaster

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:52 pm

In this ongoing project I am attempting to remaster the imperial quarters to give the Empire install a different feel from the rebel one. Some of the existing empire install assets will be reused and modified to nod to the previous authors. Certain other points are anchored to avoid having to change their clickable locations. I have noticed that the majority of clutter that dominates the rebel quarters seems disabled at the end of the campaign on the empire install. I may go back and rework those objects so that their positioning in the room makes more sense. Work here has been done in little chunks, below you can see the progress.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqvaj1ih837cp ... ns.7z?dl=0

UPDATE June 11: Think I managed to fix the black concourse freeze bug. Please report.

Notes:
1. I was unable to determine how to make the game see an image larger than 640 x 480 so I reduced the size.
2. Until I adjust all the family room dats for the empire install some objects, namely the hanger for the uniform will appear weird.

Wishlist:
1. Medals hook: configure medals visibility more directly via medals.txt. Setting 1, specific medal hard toggled on, setting 2, specific medal hard toggled off, Setting 3, configured by various defined score and bonus score values, or a combo of both.
2. Room Item hook: similar to above functionality. Setting three defined by any of several triggers. Specifc Vessel kills by quantity, mission number, specific vessels flown (by flight hours?), etc.

Final Result... for now, with medals and officer picture moved. More doodad moves to come later. More likely to redo all of them so they are more empire centric.

Original

Original Wireframe

Planned Empire Quarters wireframe

Wall start, Astro temp removed, door fully restored.

First reintroduction of anchored objects, computer appears to low on wall.

Add bed, wall details, wireframe desk to change computer perspective.

Walls and ceiling added, air handler to hang uniform, random box (possible campaign progression object), empire flag(possible campaign progression object)

Inspired by Agent Kallus' room on the Star Destroyer in Rebels
Last edited by ual002 on Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
Image Image Image Image Image

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:29 pm

Light panel wall should be moved, the display case looks bad, plus it wouldn't realistically be mounted there either way. Otherwise this is looking pretty good.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:04 pm

Ideally, if I figure it out, the medals will go above the desk. This is just a prelim

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:59 am

Ok, I got your medals moved.

FellSkyhawk
Cadet 1st Class

Post by FellSkyhawk » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:37 am

Wow, excellent work.
\/'
(>{}{}{]}H[]{=======Fell Skyhawk==========-

Never give up on a friend, never surrender to an enemy.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:01 am

Thanks. Apreciate it.

Future Wishlist:
1. Medals hook: configure medals visibility more directly via medals.txt. Setting 1, specific medal hard toggled on, setting 2, specific medal hard toggled off, Setting 3, configured by various defined score and bonus score values, or a combo of both.
2. Room Item hook: similar to above functionality. Setting three defined by any of several triggers. Specifc Vessel kills by quantity, mission number, specific vessels flown (by flight hours?), etc.

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:10 am

Great job ual002.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:47 am

The perspective of the crate is outta whack, I think the corner closest to the camera needs to be adjusted up a bit.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 am

Right on. Its bugging me too. The plant and box are probably going to be moved and adjusted and added later as part of progression if I can get a hook going.

korekwerner
Cadet 1st Class

Post by korekwerner » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:23 pm

This is awsome.

labc133
Cadet 1st Class

Post by labc133 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:13 pm

Oh man, this is glorious!

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:58 am

A little update, I haven't quite sliced up all the doodads yet for the game to read them individually, right now I'm just building the scene.

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:23 am

The bottle is a bit out of place imo, but otherwise I damn well love it.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:07 pm

I really like the idea of the collection of miniature starfighters in a pilot's room.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:38 pm

The bottle is just a clutter item. Subject to change. "A headhunter from Star Tours keeps sending you promotional items as an attempt to get you to transition to civilian work. This Wampa-brand thermos has the star tours logo on it."

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:41 pm

In an attempt to prepare for having a hook that better controls the visibility of the clutter items in the family room, I am attempting to record and verify their stock/vanilla triggers. Control of the items seems hard coded and their arrival does not seem to be a function of mission number in familyawards.txt in Frontres\Medals.

Information was verified against the XWA Expansion Guide https://darksaber.xwaupgrade.com/XWA_Expansion_Guide/ and then expanded upon. In the below table you can see that most of the clutter items are triggered only by completing specific missions. Setting the current mission with a pilot editor has no effect on these items. Several other items, the Helmet, uniform, lady blue picture and cologne are controlled by simply reaching a mission and can be triggered by setting a pilot to a specific mission with a mission editor.

ADITIONAL NOTE: Using a pilot editor to change the pilot file may erase "successfully complete mission" clutter items you have already earned. Use at own risk.

To aggregate further information into one place, medals other than the kalidore are controlled by the completion of specific missions specified in medals.txt. The kalidore is controlled by bonus points, and the rank is controlled by tour score. Quoting JeremyaFr from posting.php?mode=quote&f=9&p=154199
JeremyaFr wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:09 pm
Hello,
I don't know if this has been published somewhere.
Here is where the points are stored if you want to modify them.

The points for the Kalidor Crescent are stored at offset 1B1CA8 as an array of 6 int:

Code: Select all

35000, Kalidor Crescent
70000, Kalidor Crescent: Bronze Cluster
105000, Kalidor Crescent: Silver Talon
140000, Kalidor Crescent: Silver Scimitar
175000, Kalidor Crescent: Golden Wings
210000, Kalidor Crescent: Diamond Eyes
The points for the Ranks are stored at offset 1B1CC0 as an array of 8 int (0 corresponds to Recruit):

100, Flight Cadet
10000, Flight Officer
17500, Lieutenant JG
25000, Lieutenant
33000, Captain
41000, Lt Commander
52000, Commander
65000, General
Quoting further information about skirmish rank...
capitanguinea wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:10 pm
Mark_Farlander wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:00 am
Hello pilots,
I didn't wish to make a request but I've always wondered if is it possible to gain access to all flight ranks playing the campaign.
I mean there is a restriction to rank access: if you only play the campaign missions you cannot gain a rank higher than Marksman 1st class.
No matter your score or how many things you destroyed.

I was just curious to know if any patches/mods have been done to access all ranks playing the campaign missions.
A player usually reaches the rank of Marksman 1st class in the second training mission or in Battle 1 at most.
That's why I opened this topic.
the ranks above Marksman 1st class are obtainable only in multiplayer battle, against human adversaries. If you use the trainer to obtain them, you will be degraded slowly if you do not fight again human pilots.
When there was an active xwa tournament community, Mk 1st Class was the entry level for main event, and there were tiers, to balance the fight.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:18 am

Obviously we need to start compiling this information in the wiki.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:52 am

Hopefully we could bring the player's experience outside of combat to something a little less linear and more comprehensive to allow for many different campaign and faction configurations. The player's menu experience reflects his type of pilot, and his progression is ongoing and can be affected by new missions, both campaign style and standalone. Each player can focus on a different type of play style and the player still has a rewarding frontend experience.

Wishlist update:

A. Optimal:

1. New concourse room created. Copy most functions of simulator room. Change artwork to represent a livefire type setup over simulator. Uses Justagai's MP hook and combat mission folder.
2. Mission records and score are dumped to a new "tab" in the pilot statistics computer. There will be a SP campaign tab, family tab, simulator tab, and then a new skirmish hangar tab.
3. Player rank is now affected by both SP campaign score and the Skirmish hangar score, which I will refer to as SPS and SHS
4. Kalidore medals affected by bonus score in the SP campaign is also now affected by the skirmish hangar score.
5. Standard campaign medals previously received by hard set mission numbers in the medals.txt are now tied to a config with the following options for each of the 7 medals
a. Hard set on
b. Hard set off
c. conditional - possible triggers include, specific mission completion (SPS or SHS), specific number of missions completed (SPS + SHS),
number of ejections (SPS + SHS), total kills (SPS + SHS), total flight time (SPS + SHS), etc
6. Family room decorations seem to be hard set in the exe with either mission completion or being at a specific mission to receive.
The functionality will need to be tied to a config file for the 23 main objects with the following options
a. Hard set on
b. Hard set off
c. conditional - possible triggers include, number of craft killed by type (SPS + SHS), number of craft killed by category (SPS + SHS), flight hours by type (SPS + SHS), accuracy (SPS + SHS),
specific mission completion (SPS or SHS), specific number of missions completed (SPS + SHS), number of ejections (SPS + SHS), total kills (SPS + SHS),
total flight time (SPS + SHS), etc
B. Less than ideal: TBD

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:30 am

ual002 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:41 pm
JeremyaFr wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:09 pm
Hello,
I don't know if this has been published somewhere.
Here is where the points are stored if you want to modify them.

The points for the Kalidor Crescent are stored at offset 1B1CA8 as an array of 6 int:

35000, Kalidor Crescent
70000, Kalidor Crescent: Bronze Cluster
105000, Kalidor Crescent: Silver Talon
140000, Kalidor Crescent: Silver Scimitar
175000, Kalidor Crescent: Golden Wings
210000, Kalidor Crescent: Diamond Eyes

I think these Bonus points required to get the Kalidor Crescent and the upgrades to the medal are multiplied by 10.
3500 Bonus points to get the Kalidor Crescent and 21000 to get the Diamond Eyes Upgrade is reasonable.
It's completely impossible to get close to 210000 Bonus points. The total bonus available is about 32000.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:15 pm

Doodad update:

Never noticed this before but these little mission completion stickers seem to be for successful mission completion when flying rebel campaign missions. There seems to be no documentation on it, but I do know where the images reside, (just never knew what they were before).

Something like this would be added to my wishlist as well. Not tied to specific completion of missions but rather, cumulative after completion of ANY mission.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:42 pm

Yea when making the original Imperial Quarters, I blanked those out in the Imp version of the Frontend_UCP.dat, sorry :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:03 pm

No apologies necessary. Although the 501st doesn't like helmet decals, to hell with them, I think it makes sense. They aren't droids. I'm sure at some point I can come up with something.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:21 pm

Another reason I blanking them out, but I kept the horn decal, as back then I didn't know what else to do lol :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Turgidson
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Turgidson » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:08 pm

I tried installing this (on a DSUCP with Imperial ISD concourse)... and this makes my game crash at startup.

I'm wondering if that's linked to the bug that was fixed in the DSUCPImpConcourseFix file (from Darksaber) - which updated Frontend_UCP.dat. My game would also crash without this patch.
In your remaster, Frontend_UCP.dat is the file that makes the game crash - when replacing it with Darksaber's fixed version it works fine (but it's the old quarters).

Would be great if you could check (that is: merge Darksaber's fix into your version), it looks MUCH better than the current quarters (although maybe quite large for a pilot's room... fine once you'll be a general but really huge for a young cadet).

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:02 pm

Yes, you are correct, I was having this issue as well, and I cant remember what Darksaber ruled the issue to. I packed this right in the middle of that debacle. He might be able to jump in and jog my memory and I can get this sorted.