How do you use XwaDatEditor and XwaDatExplorer?

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

How do you use XwaDatEditor and XwaDatExplorer?

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:04 pm

I am so use to using DATetch07 and Mapicon it was more self explanatory. I would really like using Jeremyfr's latest XWA tools available. But unfortunately don't know how to use it.

Sincerely, Rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:48 pm

Hello,
If it can help, you can open existing dat files and see how they look like.

When you create a new dat file,
- first, add a new group by setting a group id and click "Add" in the bottom-left of the editor.
- then, add new images by clicking on "Add...".
You can make a color transparent by clicking on the image or via the interface. But I recommand to import png images.

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:28 pm

Thanks Jeremyafr…. :D I will try creating some.

Sincerely, Rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

baggy101
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by baggy101 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:11 pm

How do I add a hull image to a slot beyond 70? I understand that I can replace images but how would I assign an image to a specific slot that doesn’t already have a hull image.

Regards

Baggy

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:23 pm

First do you have the all the hooks installed?
Secondly, do you have one of the craft packs installed?

If you answer "Yes" to the second question there is no need to answer the first,

Ok then your half way there

In your XWA DIR first read the Xwa_Hook_Hull_Icon_Readme.txt, it doesn't tell you that much, but now you will know that you need to look for a file called HullIconList.txt it's in the same DIR as the readme file you just read, when open the HullIconList.txt you'll see loads of numbers, these numbers correspond to the hullIcon, then you need to open XWADatEditor and open a Hull_Icons.dat (the original), Hull_Icons_UCP.dat (DSUCP version), Hull_Icons_XWAUCP.dat (XWAUCP version).

Each line in the HullIconList.txt corresponds to a slot number in MXvTED, so

100 - X-Wing = slot 1
200 - Y-Wing = slot 2
300 - A-Wing = slot 3
400 - B-Wing = slot 4
500 - TIE Fighter = slot 5
600 - TIE Interceptor = slot 6
And so on

That's as much as I can tell you, without knowing which craft your trying to replace and with what , I can't tell you what numbers your looking for.

Of course if you don't have one of the craft packs installed, or any of the hooks, I'm just wasting my time as it would take much longer to explain, and things will be a lot different from not having a craft pack installed.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

baggy101
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by baggy101 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:42 pm

Brilliant, that’s all I needed to know. Thanks Darksaber your a star. I’ve got DSUCP installed and am just moving some ships about trying to free up slots to replace non-Disney canon ships is all.