ISD Mark II - Avenger W-I-P as of JAN. 25, 2017 . . .

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

A Sample .dat teaser image . . .

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:38 pm

Happy New Year.
zTF2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

CIDlord_1973
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by CIDlord_1973 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:02 pm

Looks cool.
I wish someone do a gladiator someday, since i bought it i can't stop looking at.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/delo0ykfmjs/hqdefault.jpg

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:32 pm

Bman wrote:Happy New Year.
zTF2.png

A tease, huh? :D

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:48 am

Hey bman, I know that while you are still working on it that it's not a priority right now, but I have to ask : will we get a red flight group color ? (I admit, I like the errant venture that booster terrik owns in the EU ;-) )
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:47 am

Not sure what you're referring to.. errant venture? Any pics? FG's, yes for sure. ROTJ dark grey hull's, but also off white color for the Chimaera. Like actual studio models and as you see the ISD-I's in Rogue One movie. I'm changing existing tri-vertice faces to quads for most meshes. Lot easier to model with.
Last edited by Bman on Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:56 am

The Errant Venture was a captured ISDMk2 by Booster Terrik, from the X-Wing series, utilized as a mobile smuggler outpost with a stripped down weapon set. Initially Booster couldn't source enough red paint to cover the entire hull, but by the time the NJO came around the EV was fully painted red and upgraded with a full compliment of ISD weaponry by the time the vong wars were well underway, at which point the EV was utilized to safeguard the jedi children from capture and sacrifice by the YV.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Errant_Venture
download.jpg
As an FG this would be easy. I already have one from back in the day I recolored, but the red is a bit on the light side. I don't see why it couldn't potentially be added as a FG color, but that's up to whoever updates the ISD2 first.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:27 am

Thanks. Yeah, could easily change saturation/hue of texture to reddish color. I can add that as a FG texture. Depends how large file size gets, but I could make it a separate model then.

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:58 am

Heh that would fit in nicely with my Crimson Command VSD (first Zinji‘s fleet, later Pellaeon‘s ;)
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:28 am

Driftwood wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:56 am
The Errant Venture was a captured ISDMk2 by Booster Terrik, from the X-Wing series, utilized as a mobile smuggler outpost with a stripped down weapon set. Initially Booster couldn't source enough red paint to cover the entire hull, but by the time the NJO came around the EV was fully painted red and upgraded with a full compliment of ISD weaponry by the time the vong wars were well underway, at which point the EV was utilized to safeguard the jedi children from capture and sacrifice by the YV.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Errant_Venture

download.jpg

As an FG this would be easy. I already have one from back in the day I recolored, but the red is a bit on the light side. I don't see why it couldn't potentially be added as a FG color, but that's up to whoever updates the ISD2 first.
Have to add : the paint was sold to the new republic by Talon Karrde, a fact that if Booster knew, he would be angry with :lachtot:
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

keiranhalcyon7
Lieutenant JG

Post by keiranhalcyon7 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:03 am

Hmm, I wonder if there may be a way to modify the opt loading process to only load FG textures that are actually referenced by the current mission, to save memory...