YOGEME by JaggedFel

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

YOGEME by JaggedFel

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:32 pm

I didn't know where else to put this so I created a new topic

I've just downloaded YOGEMEv1.6, opened it to test if I still had the same problem as in v1.5, I still have the same problem, which it when I save a mission I get an Error "The system can't find the file specified"

Any idea why I get this error?

I'm running Win7, I've checked the registry to see if XWA Path is correct, it is.

I checked your readme to see if YOGEME had to be placed in a certain Dir, it doesn't.

And I got this when clicking on Hook Assignment, I'm not sure if its an error report or not

Code: Select all

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Idmr.Yogeme.XwaHookDialog..ctor(Mission mission)
   at Idmr.Yogeme.XwaForm.menuHooks_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.MenuItemData.Execute()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3928.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
YOGEME
    Assembly Version: 1.6.0.22974
    Win32 Version: 1.6.0.22974
    CodeBase: file:///K:/%26XWA/YOGEME/YOGEME.exe
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3761.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Idmr.Platform
    Assembly Version: 3.0.1.13998
    Win32 Version: 3.0.1.13998
    CodeBase: file:///K:/%26XWA/YOGEME/bin/Idmr.Platform.DLL
Idmr.Common
    Assembly Version: 1.3.1.29352
    Win32 Version: 1.3.1.29352
    CodeBase: file:///K:/%26XWA/YOGEME/bin/Idmr.Common.DLL
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:51 am

Hello,
I took the liberty of opening an issue at the YOGEME repository: NullReferenceException in XwaHookDialog ctor

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:16 pm

Hook error is fixed as 1.6.1 as of a few minutes ago (thanks Jeremy for issue report so I'd see it faster). I'll have to check to see where the "file not found" might be coming from on the Save, but I'm going to be on a business trip for a couple days so it'll have to wait until I get back.
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor v1.15.6
Current software WIPs: TIE Layout and Cutscene Editor, TIE/XvT Cockpit Editor
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:52 pm

Thanks to both of you, I didn't know where else to report it, No rush with fixing the error I'm having, I discovered it only a couple of week back, with the new release I test it to see if I got the same error

Anyhow thanks again :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:42 pm

Sanity check a couple YOGEME options for me: if "Verify mission on save" is checked, what's the the "Verify executable" path and is that correct (would be located alongside the YOGEME.exe), and then on the XWA tab check the installed path (which you should know if it was wrong, because other stuff wouldn't work).

Minor thing that also might help me narrow down which block this is occurring in is after tweaking something so the "*" is in the title bar, when the save fails and the message box pops up, is the "*" still there, or already removed?
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:16 pm

while we are at it, can I request a small feature that was present in Allied ? having the message number visible in the message list. Make it easier when trying to refer to another message while modifying or creating missions
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:48 pm

Aha... I didn't realise there was a Options Screen, and yes you're right the the path to the MissionVerify.exe was wrong.

Sorry for wasting your time, but saying that the Hook assignment screen now loads

And no the "*" disappears once saved

Found something else though when I click on the Backdrops button, I get this error
YogemeBDError.jpg

The path is correct, but I probably know what the problem is a while back Jeremy added to XWADatEditor the ability to use 32bit images with Alpha channel or convert to the format 25 (see link)
I've since tweaked the images to use this option in my Planet.dat, Planet2.dat, WrapBack.dat, DSFire.dat, Nebula.dat, Galaxy.dat & Backdrop.dat

if I change them to the original Dat file it loads them ok

You might want to take a look into the new format :) Oh and Yes DTM added the Planet2.dat so he could use more Star Backgrounds, if you need the updated Dat files PM me and I'll send a link for you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- John Lydgate

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:58 pm

Good that it's sorted now, but it's not a waste of time because now I know I need to add a check before trying to run that tool :D

I've got Planet2, no worries there.

I did add format 25 per Jeremy's notes to my DAT library a couple months ago, but looks like I never published it so that version wasn't bundled with YOGEME :kopfwand:

I'll play with DAT Editor for a bit and make sure it's doing what it's supposed to before I release it to the wild.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:50 pm

Hey Fel, did you ever make any progress on a live opt viewer inside Yogme?
Image Image Image Image Image

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:26 pm

No, I haven't touched that part since the early part of that code got added. It's still commented out right now, but I can start a new branch and see what it'll take to try and get that working.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:07 pm

Might as well just post it here, but YOGEME's been updated so now it has the OPT wireframes in the map, and can read the installed craft list instead of assuming defaults. Big thanks to Random Starfighter for working that out.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:35 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:07 pm
Might as well just post it here, but YOGEME's been updated so now it has the OPT wireframes in the map, and can read the installed craft list instead of assuming defaults. Big thanks to Random Starfighter for working that out.
Thanks for keeping working on it :) The map improvements are great.
If you can make YOGEME play the message sounds like Allied does that would be brilliant :)
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

baggy101
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by baggy101 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:19 pm

How do I choose the shiplist/craftlist I want. I have looked on github and on xwaup but cannot see it. I knew it once but now have forgotten

baggy101
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by baggy101 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:20 pm

Oh and it’s not detecting the backdrops of 3.1 either!

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:39 pm

How custom shiplists are done has changed in 1.7, now it's done through "craft_data_xwa.txt". In addition to the craft name and abbreviation, it also records the ship speed and OPT name. In the options dialog, check "override craft names from external file" to load from the custom list. I did not prep one for DSUCP, but left the old list (which can't be loaded now) for reference. Since going forward craft can be loaded into whatever slot you want, there's no real way to prep a shiplist that'll work for everyone.

I had to rebuild my computer so it's been down for a week, haven't had a chance to look at the new backdrops yet to see what changed.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:11 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:39 pm
How custom shiplists are done has changed in 1.7, now it's done through "craft_data_xwa.txt". In addition to the craft name and abbreviation, it also records the ship speed and OPT name. In the options dialog, check "override craft names from external file" to load from the custom list. I did not prep one for DSUCP, but left the old list (which can't be loaded now) for reference. Since going forward craft can be loaded into whatever slot you want, there's no real way to prep a shiplist that'll work for everyone.

I had to rebuild my computer so it's been down for a week, haven't had a chance to look at the new backdrops yet to see what changed.
No backdrops changed in v3.1 but there were some new ones added to v3.0 which are still included.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:57 pm

No, the real problem is I'm using the SBD Readme to detect if it's installed or not, and DTM likes to keep changing where it is and what it's called :P

Will T
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:24 pm

Okay, maybe I'm just being dense here but... how do I access the order Jump conditions in YOGEME? Am I missing something, or is that missing as a feature?

It's kind of an important element for mission building and testing.

My new PC doesn't have a CD drive, so I can't go back to Allied like I normally would and I don't much feel like installing a virtual drive just to get Allied to work.
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:26 am

The Skip to Order controls are on the Options tab for XvT and XWA. Within the file format that's where they're recorded, so that's how I laid it out.

Haakan
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Haakan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:06 pm

Will it be feasible to allow multiple selection of FGs on YOGEME at some point?
Lt. Colonel A. Araujo
Commander, 7th SpecOps Squadron "Alpha"
Battlegroup I
Emperor's Hammer.

CMDR/LC Alejandro Araujo/Alpha/Wing I/ISDII Hammer/BGI

Will T
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:00 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:26 am
The Skip to Order controls are on the Options tab for XvT and XWA. Within the file format that's where they're recorded, so that's how I laid it out.
Well now I feel dumb :D . Cheers for the answer.

Obviously I just never looked at the Options tab hard enough.
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:07 pm

Haakan wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:06 pm
It's been requested before, and there's an open issue to nag me about it. That said, there are bigger things to work on and personally I don't see how much use that would see. Things like orders/goals/triggers can be copy/pasted already, which aside from IFF or AI Level is going to be the most common shared data. If the bulk of the information is the same, then copy/paste the entire FG as a starting point. There's only so much you can do when multi-selecting unique data.

It would also be a pretty massive undertaking for such a "simple" feature and have to be worked on completely separate from any other improvements/fixes. I'm not saying "no", but it is definitely not a high priority.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:47 pm

Finally posted v1.8, which includes DTM's backdrops 3.1 detection, and the latest hooks (mostly Hangar) from Jeremy. The Converter tool's been updated, so that's working again. Map got a major overhaul by Random, too.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:54 pm

Haakan
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Haakan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:53 am

JaggedFel wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:07 pm
Haakan wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:06 pm
It's been requested before, and there's an open issue to nag me about it. That said, there are bigger things to work on and personally I don't see how much use that would see. Things like orders/goals/triggers can be copy/pasted already, which aside from IFF or AI Level is going to be the most common shared data. If the bulk of the information is the same, then copy/paste the entire FG as a starting point. There's only so much you can do when multi-selecting unique data.

It would also be a pretty massive undertaking for such a "simple" feature and have to be worked on completely separate from any other improvements/fixes. I'm not saying "no", but it is definitely not a high priority.
I see. It makes sense. Well, I was considering those cases when after copying those orders, you'd want to edit them after you had multiple FGs for example. I've been switching back to AlliED to deal with this quicker , then go back to YOGEME...I think this would be the only reason I'd still use AlliED. For the rest, YOGEME is now the single editor I use.
Lt. Colonel A. Araujo
Commander, 7th SpecOps Squadron "Alpha"
Battlegroup I
Emperor's Hammer.

CMDR/LC Alejandro Araujo/Alpha/Wing I/ISDII Hammer/BGI