Approximate Global Illumination Shaders

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Re: Approximate Global Illumination Shaders

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:30 pm

Yes Wotan Weave, that's pretty much it. You'll have to overwrite a few DLLs so you might want to back them up first, just in case. But otherwise it should be ready to go as soon as you unpack it on the XWA root folder. Let me know if you run into any trouble!

Wotan Weave
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Wotan Weave » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:26 pm

Finally had a chance to try this out. It is really nice. Great work. As a non-vr user, it took me a while to figure out how to restore the HUD and hanger axis to normal. Thanks for your work on this.

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:17 pm

Thanks!
Wotan Weave wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:26 pm
As a non-vr user, it took me a while to figure out how to restore the HUD and hanger axis to normal.
Could you elaborate a little more here? The default config files have VR disabled, so I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Wotan Weave
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Wotan Weave » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:36 pm

I was referring to the virtual cockpit (I think that was the verbage) that has the HUD dynamically placed really small into the actual cockpit displays instead of the default XWA HUD and hid the F and R radar. I assumed that was done with VR users in mind. I don't remember which cfg file I changed. I had to change another of the cfg files to get the axis issue sorted out, too. When you return to the hanger at the end of the mission, the axis was all screwed up and was pointing straight up with the a-wing superimposed over the shuttle. It was weird.

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:44 pm

With virtual cockpit I think you're referring to the dynamic cockpit and that's disabled by setting "dynamic_cockpit_enabled = 0" in Dynamic_Cockpit.cfg. I've never seen any axis problems when finishing a mission, though. If you could post some details as to how to reproduce the issue, I could take a look to see what's going on -- or if you can remember how you fixed that, it would help too.

Wotan Weave
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Wotan Weave » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:26 pm

Yeah, dynamic cockpit was the cfg I tweaked. As for the axis issue, I changed something in the CockpitLook.cfg file that seemed to fix it. I'll revert to the original cfg and see if I can recreate the issue when I'm in front of my PC at home. I was trying to fix the axis bug as well as be able to use the joystick hat and mouse to look around again. I'll try to take a quick look tonight.

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:15 am

The CockpitLook.cfg should be set like this for non-VR:

Code: Select all

tracker_type = None
yaw_multiplier = 1
pitch_multiplier = 1
yaw_offset = 0
pitch_offset = 0
I *thought* that was the default configuration; but I apologize if that caused you some trouble. Let me know if you continue to see issues.