[B4M5] Battle 4 - Mission 5: Abandon Rebel Base at Kothlis

Here we can have in-depth discussions about which missions need to be adjusted because they are broken either by original design or by XWA models.

[B4M5] Battle 4 - Mission 5: Abandon Rebel Base at Kothlis

tubaman21
Cadet 4th Class

Post by tubaman21 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:17 pm

I've tried this mission on both easy and hard and cannot complete it. Either the corvette or the shuttle get destroyed with the Kothliss II base is blown up, or the Executer tears apart the Liberty before it can hyper out. I'm handling the assault shuttles and they are getting nowhere close to the corvette, so I'm not sure what else I can do. It almost seems as if the Executor's turbolasers are too powerful and as a result, they take out the platform/base/Liberty much quicker than in the original version. Anyone else having issues with this? I am running the latest release of the craft pack (1.6) and all additional ships from the download page, so SSD 2.0. Thanks!

~Bryan
Commander Tubaman
Maverick 2
Task Force Maverick
"We stand alone, together."
Last edited by Forceflow on Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title Adjusted
~Bryan
Commander Tubaman
Maverick 2
Task Force Maverick

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:22 pm

Yes, this mission is currently unbalanced. We have a fixed version that will be applied in the next update. Until then, you can copy and paste this into your missions folder and replace the current one.

There's also a balance issue in the next mission, so I'll include B4M6 as well.
Last edited by Ace Antilles on Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed files as they are in XWAU 2020

BenKenobi
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by BenKenobi » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:32 pm

Jaeven wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:22 pm
Yes, this mission is currently unbalanced. We have a fixed version that will be applied in the next update. Until then, you can copy and paste this into your missions folder and replace the current one.

Hi Jaeven,

Could you elaborate on what was the cause of these missions being unbalanced and what was been done to balance those missions?

Thanks!

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:39 pm

BenKenobi wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:32 pm
Jaeven wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:22 pm

Hi Jaeven,

Could you elaborate on what was the cause of these missions being unbalanced and what was been done to balance those missions?

Thanks!
B4M5 had issues with the new Rebel Platform and the current power level of the ISDII. Here's what I wrote in an earlier thread in regards to the changes.

- Slightly altered the ATR's waypoints to prevent collision with the new Rebel Platform Opt.
- Adjusted the position of the GR75 Medium Transports so their explosions no longer cause the Rebel Platform to be destroyed.
- Slightly altered the ISD's entry point so it takes a bit longer for it to close to maximum damage range and feel less oppressive in the last part of the mission. It shouldn't alter how the mission is played, and the mission will still force the player to run some interference on it, but the ISD should no longer instagib the Liberty. On all my tests, the Liberty generally escaped with around 60 % HU left.
- Adjusted the Executor's targeting parameters so it doesn't target the Razor, as was the case in vanilla. I don't know what caused this change, but the new parameters should ensure it does not target the Razor.

B4M6 had similar issues where the ISDII or Executor would destroy the Dreadnaught Mercury, no matter what the player did. I've slightly altered the targeting parameters to give the player a chance to save it.

tubaman21
Cadet 4th Class

Post by tubaman21 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:27 pm

Played through both of the modified missions without any issues. Thanks again!
~Bryan
Commander Tubaman
Maverick 2
Task Force Maverick

cmdrkeen
Recruit

Post by cmdrkeen » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:04 am

I had the exact same problem with this mission. I registered to this forum just to ask about this ^^ I think the explosion of the base is the reason for the destruction of the corvette.
Thanks for the fixes.