Saturday, March 16, 2019
Posted by Forceflow
And the XWAUCP 1.6 is finally here. After so many new ships and features Darksaber decided it was time to make a new complete crafts pack. There are tons of changes in this one. So make sure to head over to the downloads section and grab it!Changelog wrote:
- All the latest Hooks by Jérémy Ansel (JérémyaFr) as of February 26, 2019
- The TIE Resolution options have been removed from the installer
- Added a Widescreen Resolutions option to the installer
- Added the ability to select your own Destination Folder
- Added the Humble Trove version of XWA to the Required Media section of the installer
- All of the TIE Cockpits models have updated due to the limited view, they now have a wider field of view
- While altering the TIE Fighter Cockpits, Darksaber has recolored all the TIE's, they are now a muted blue/green/grey color
- Advanced Basic OPT Project, adding the Pilot, Cockpit and Interiors to the Base opts. All fighter type craft and a few shuttle type craft have had the ABOP treatment
- With the addition of new Hooks by Jérémy Ansel (JérémyaFr) another idea was proposed, to add Landing Gear to most of the playable Starfighters, it works on the same principle as the S-Foils. DTM set about adding landing gear to the X-Wing, Y-Wing, A-Wing, Z-95, and T-Wing and has done a wonderful job, later came the Missile Boat and Gunboat.
- The Assault Gunboat has had a major update by DTM, The wings and laser cannons have been reworked to introduce S-Foils, and to give to this imperial fighter a more aggressive and powerful aspect. All external textures have been repainted in HD by DTM, following the old lines designed by the original author (Matt). And to color match the TIE's, some small details have been added by DTM, thanks to the HD features.
- Y-Wing textures have had another update and the T-Wing, the R5 unit has been removed as it was to the wrong scale, and the textures have been muted removing the yellowish color.
- A SLAM System has been added to the Missile Boat thanks to Justagai who initially found the offsets and to Jérémy Ansel (JérémyaFr) who created the Slam Hook, this hook enables the SLAM system when the K key is pressed.
- The Firespray (Slave1) has had an overhaul, with the addition of the S-Foils Hook by Jérémy Ansel (JérémyaFr), Darksaber had the idea of trying to get the craft to rotate 90 degrees so the engines would be facing downwards in the landing, so with a bit of tinkering from Jérémy Ansel (JérémyaFr) to the S-Foils Hook and DTM coming up with a solution to the angle rotation together we have managed to get the Firespray to rotate exactly how we wanted it to.
- DTM's Imperial Research Station - Based on the Imperial Construction Modules as seen in Star Wars Rebels
- Darksaber and Driftwood updated Luxury Yacht - Which now includes Cockpit and Interior
- Driftwood and Darksaber's New Rebel Platform - A totally different design from the original Rebel Platform
- Warb_Null a New member (and prolific modeller of numerous games) joined the team with his take on the Satellites and Comm Relay
- Darksaber's Lambda Shuttle also had an upgrade, thanks to Driftwood a Cockpit has been added and it also has a working Rear Gunner Turret. In addition the textures for the Shuttle have had a HD overhaul and Darksaber has also added Flightgroup colours
- DTM updated the Nebulon-B Frigate with 4 different versions:- Standard: with a single deck hangar, Strike: with a double deck hangar, Carrier: with a multiple deck hangar (this is the version seen in the original TG games) and Medical: the Redemption seen in the movie, no hangar!
- Warb_Null then released the Pinook Fighter, a really great model with some cool new ideas, including an RX series droid and landing gear
- Warb_Null also gave us his awesome interpretation of the QX5 Platform
- Darksaber and Driftwood also gave us a New CR90 Corvette, original model and textures are by Andrew Barragan (Barraganap) used with permission, you have a choice of 7 different versions.
- Warb_Null's New Cargo Facility 2
- Darksaber updated the A-Wing to include a new cockpit with HD textures based on the images of the A-Wing Cockpit from First Strike Star Wars Mod for Battlefield 2142.
- General Trageton has updated his ATR-6 Assault Transport to include HD textures
- General Trageton added another release with his stunning Space Colony 1
- Decoy's Z-95 HeadHunter has been removed from the Installer, sorry but it was a little outdated.
- DTM has finished his Super Backdrop v2.0, this new version introduces new starfields, which characterize the different regions that are visited during the XWA campaign.
- The Imperial Star Destroyer 2 has had a bit of an update thanks to DTM, now comes with Flightgroup Colours Red = Empire, Gold = Captured by the Rebel Alliance, Blue = New Republic, Green = Chimaera.
- DTM has also updated his Strike Cruiser with HD texture.
- Darksaber updated the R-41 Starchaser, due to strange shadowing caused by having a physical open tube for missile launchers on top of the main fuselage; he's also updated some of the textures to HD.
- The Lasers and Ions have had a makeover with the addition of Jérémy Ansel (JérémyaFr) the Weapons Color Hook, Darksaber has updated all the Laser and Ion Opts, You now have two choices of Lasers, Standard XWA Lasers or Star Wars BattleFront 2 Lasers
- To take advantage of Weapons Color Hook you may notice a few changes to the color of the Lasers and Ions from certain craft, it's not a bad change, it just takes a little getting used too, it's probably not canon but who cares. If you don't like what we have come up with you can blame DTM, he came up with what craft fire which colour laser.
- Laser Count from 64 to 256 option has been totally removed, as if applied, missions became out of balance and usually unplayable.
- At the beginning of the year (Jan 2019) Jérémy Ansel (JérémyaFr) updated the hooks to add support for .ini files per-craft or per-mission, (Please Note: the.txt files are still supported) so instead of having to deal with countless *.txt files, in some cases 5 *.txt files per craft, this number has now been reduced to one *.ini files which was a bit of a relief. PLEASE DO NOT DELETE THESE FILES!
Discuss this great new pack here