Back Again to Blow Stuff Up

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Back Again to Blow Stuff Up

GavUK
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by GavUK » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:17 am

Hi folks

It seems like every few years I drop back in here and get XWA running again... I've been aware of this project since it's very early days almost 20yrs ago now... Feck I'm old. :)

Last time I played this game... the installer was around 1.0 I think and required multiple hoops to jump through to get it all working.

Now... WOW... just download, point it the version you have and bingo.. everything is done.

Great job... it looks so good.

I guess most people know why I've come back... looking for distractions during the lockdown as we deal with this pandemic... So stay safe, socially isolate and help stop the spread of CV and keep your family, friends and loved ones safe and protect your healthcare systems... Because if they can't cope... thousands more will die as a result.

Oh and NO HOARDING... if everyone does the normal things and shops for two weeks at a time... no one has to miss out on essentials.

Now for a XW related question... Does anything like this exist for Xwing VS Tie... Oh how I'd love to see that brought up to these levels.... but then, how I wish they'd hire you guys to do a proper remastered version of this game and really give people what they want... a decent SW game again.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:23 am

Welcome back Gav :) Glad you are enjoying it.
I'm doing exactly the same as you and trying things out again finally.

There is no XWAUP for XVT but there were a bunch of the older XWAUP like ships converted into it.
They used to be hosted on Darksaber's site but I can't see them now. I'm not sure if anyone has them online still.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

GavUK
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by GavUK » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:25 pm

I've recently become aware of X-Wing Virtual Machine... and get a little moist drooling over some YT vids of it... I've seen mention of models for XvT but haven't looked into it further at the moment.

It'd be nice to be able to have full resolution in XvT as I run 1440x2560 monitors... and getting in some HD backdrops to go with those updated ships would be nice too.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:39 pm

I think it's possible to get better resolution but not that high.
I have found the updates XVT opts now or at least the main ones.
The xvt engine doesn't allow for most of the stuff xwa does but there are a lot of missions out there.
I think a lot of missions got converted to XWA. So there's not huge reasons to play it
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost