Ashguard Campaign

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Ashguard Campaign

Ol
Rebel Alliance

Post by Ol » Wed May 27, 2020 8:43 pm

Hello there!

Long time no see etc. Does anyone have the old Ashguard Campaign by Abolisher I think it was kicking around? I have a hankering to play it again.

How's things?

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Wed May 27, 2020 8:57 pm

Hey Ol, haven't seen you around for a long time! Welcome back!

I used to host it after his site went offline, however, we recently figured it was no longer compatible with the current state of the game, partially requiring OPTs that were no longer available or in different slots than they were with the DSUCP.

I still have it on my HDD, if you really wanna try your luck.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Ol
Rebel Alliance

Post by Ol » Wed May 27, 2020 9:13 pm

I've probably got an old version of DSUCP I can use for it so yes please!

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:09 pm

it was a very good campaign and stronger than the Vanilla Campaign. I OLike the Part with the Tie Phantom project in the Dreighton Triangle and the Battle with the Emperor Fortress Station and the Terror

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:49 am

Yeah.. I have it...… :D Here is the ReadMe:

Abolisher wrote:
Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost

Text and list files for the Ashgard Campaign

Install instructions:

Copy the STRINGS.TXT and SHIPLIST.TXT files to your XwingAlliance folder and replace the existing files when prompted.

Copy the Mission.lst file to your MISSIONS folder and replace the existing file when prompted.

Copy the SPACECRAFT0.LST file to your FLIGHTMODELS folder and replace the existing file when prompted.

That's it, you're done. You are now ready to install the XMOD files that will install the missions and OPTs needed for the campaign. Remember, install all flyable Rebel XWAUP craft (mandatory) and then any other XWAUP craft of your choice (optional) before installing the Ashgard Campaign XMODs.

Disclaimer: Abolisher and other contributors to this project cannot be and will not be held responsible for damage caused to your computer by use/misuse of these files. Risk solely lies with the end user. Use of these files constitutes agreement to these conditions.
Ashgard Campaign Training: Joining the Rebellion

Ashgard Campaign Battle 0: The Empire Comes to Town

Ashgard Campaign Battle 1: Struggling to Survive

Ashgard Campaign Battle 2: The Road to Yavin

Ashgard Campaign Battle 3: New Alliances

Ashgard Campaign Battle 4: Terror in the Dreighton Triangle

Ashgard Campaign Battle 5: The Battle of Endor

Sincerely, Rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:47 pm

Alright, fine I'm reuploading it.

Note that this campaign hasn't been updated for over 10 years. If you install it ontop of any current versions of DSUCP or XWAUCP, it WILL mess up your game, because
- It installs models inferior to those currently available (SSD, TIE Advanced X1, MonCal Cruiers, Outrider, etc.)
- It installs custom models in different slots than they are in the DSUCP
Install it at your own risk. I will provide no support for the current version of the campaign.

You can download it from https://vince-t.com/downloads/ the link is at the bottom of the page.

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:17 pm

I agree.... I said I have it (the File) I didn't say I installed it in my game. I know... General Trageton you didn't insinuate that I did. Just to clarify.... ;)

Sincerely, Rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:25 pm

It's ok, I've had a few requests to put it back up and wanted to give a more complete explaination of the issue rather than just telling people off.

It may work on a clean install without thedsucp but you'll likely need to get the hooks installed and updated first before trying to play.

theonegalen
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by theonegalen » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:32 pm

Thanks for re-uploading it, Vince! I might just poke around and see what can be updated.

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:17 am

What I liked a lot about the other campaign, how the empire technically progresses during the campaign.

At the beginning the TiE GT fighters are used as bombers, but shortly after Yavin they are replaced by the Tie Bombers.

Also the missions, where the rebel fleet is hunted by the Imperials, I find it well done

Ol
Rebel Alliance

Post by Ol » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:31 am

Vince, you're a star, thank you very much!

Drinkinmiester
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Drinkinmiester » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:39 am

Looking for an old campaign myself, does anyone else remember one called "Eylau Backlash" or something like that?