Starships for XWA

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Starships for XWA

DarthWolffe
Recruit

Post by DarthWolffe » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:34 pm

"Hello there!" I was wondering if it is possible for there to be a mod to fly starships like ISD's or Home One, stuff like that. I mean, the mods you have now do include ships that previously weren't flyable, like the experimental TIE's.

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:37 pm

Generally every ship can be made flyable. However currently the game engine just doesn't allow any sensible control for larger ships with multiple turrets. You cannot control them on an individual level and so as a captain of a capital ship there really wouldn't be anything you could do.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:31 pm

I expetienced flying capital ships and found that is quite boring. You do not have access to the whole arsenal (no ion, no warheads) and you are very slow in everything: advance, and turn. It is difficult to make any difference as a human player except for bringing full firepower forward. In that mode you fire an almost continuous ray of laserfire which bring down shield at very quick rate. In that modality if you are in a cr90 corvette you can bust shield of isd destroying generators in less then 20 seconds and cripple the hull within 60. Losing mostly 15-30% of your forward shield

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:24 pm

Actually one experiment to try would be to make it flyable but add gunner turrets like the YT Transports and even Lambda shuttle rear turret POV. The mission file would have to be edited of course to set up something like. For starts.... How about the Corvettes . . .
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:25 pm

Or corellian gunship
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.