Big YouTube Content Creator Trying TF or XWA Soon

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Big YouTube Content Creator Trying TF or XWA Soon

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:57 pm

So we all know that Squadrons is in a lot of ways a spiritual successor to the X-Wing franchise. A lot of YouTube content creators are excited about Squadrons, and in their thirst to learn more about the game have started to become more interested the X-Wing series. One of these is people is Eckart's Ladder, who you might know from his lore videos or his more recent streaming channel, EcksToo. Well he recently decided to do a playthrough of an X-Wing series game. I personally think he'd like TIE Fighter the best if he can get over the older graphics, and he wouldn't have to mute the music in TIE Fighter CD-ROM. But he's also leaning heavily toward XWA, as the most modern of the games. Last night, I watched a stream of his to see if he'd say anything about this, find out if he knows about XWAU, etc.. Apparently unlike most of his streams, toward the end he started watching some videos with everyone, so I suggested DTM's comparison video from a few months ago.

https://youtu.be/9TcU_dc9gPI?t=10981

There's a good chance he'll play XWA with XWAU installed and in doing so bring a lot more attention to the X-Wing series and XWAU. So I just thought I'd give everyone a heads up. He's also friends with a lot of other big Star Wars YouTube content creators, so there's a chance some of them might plan a playthrough, too.

WildstarBlue9
Lieutenant Commander

Post by WildstarBlue9 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:16 pm

This could be big for us. I liked Eckart's SWS videos & I know he'd do the X-Wing series justice.
Wildstar, Red 2 (XO) (Ret.)

Not the Wildstar that authored IMCGen.

XDragon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by XDragon » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:42 am

He's been posting a few videos using just the XWA base upgrades. It's good to get some spotlight on this community
Founder of Z3R0 (Zero Command)
https://xdragon2688.wixsite.com/z3ro/

theonegalen
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by theonegalen » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:28 pm

I finally installed all of the XWAUP and started to set up my new controller yesterday because I was bit by the XWA bug watching Ecks' stream. I'm trying to get literally everything set up with my HOTAS+pedals, but I've also ordered a Streamdeck.

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:32 pm

Well hello there! Cpt. Shack of TheXPGamer just released a video with a fully modded XWA! NICE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQza9FIdSuw
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:11 am

Ha!

He ran into the bug I reported.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:12 am

BattleDog wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:11 am
Ha! He ran into the bug I reported.
Where was that bug report and has it been fixed yet?
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:03 am

Ace Antilles wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:12 am
BattleDog wrote:
The YT turret arcs - we worked up a fix, basically you flip the Y and X-axis traverse arcs to account for the turret being rotated 90 degrees.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:59 am

BattleDog wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:03 am
Ace Antilles wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:12 am
BattleDog wrote:
The YT turret arcs - we worked up a fix, basically you flip the Y and X-axis traverse arcs to account for the turret being rotated 90 degrees.
Ah right. That should be in the latest YT downloads as posted on the news page now.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost