Just Want to Say Thanks

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Just Want to Say Thanks

Kriegmacher
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Kriegmacher » Sat May 29, 2021 11:37 pm

Hi all, I just want to thank the development team for the latest Mega Patch and Update. When all the shiny new special effects were introduced a few months back, I was disappointed with how poorly my potato laptop was performing (very low FPS). But with the latest updates and the configurator, the game is magically performing quite well. Unfortunately, I still can't use recording software in tandem with XWA (just too much stuttering and still low FPS), but I can play and enjoy the game just fine otherwise. I've disabled cockpit inertia, which has helped improve my skills dramatically. I'm still nowhere close to where I was a year ago, and I've had to lower the enemy AI level in skirmish mode, but I'm hopeful I'll get used to the new handling.

Thanks again, and keep up the great work!

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Sun May 30, 2021 5:35 am

I use nVidia's GeForce Experience Overlay to record videos. It has a very low impact in the performance, but I also have a Solid State Hard Disk, so maybe that helps too. I run the game on a 3-year-old laptop that has a 1060 GeForce.

You may have read this thread already, but just in case, here are a few more tips to increase the performance of the game:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=12490

The biggest impact in the performance is the resolution. I get a very good performance at 1920x1080, for instance.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game :)