No voices and other issues

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

No voices and other issues

Ldebroy
Recruit

Post by Ldebroy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:20 am

Hi, I just find this page (March 2020). I did install XWA on Windows 10 64 bits according to the instructions provided and it runs well. However I found the following issues:

1. The voices can not be heard (e.g. The voice of the mission briefing, the voices of the squadron leaders and wing mates on the missions, etc.)
2. There are only two cut scenes available on the menu, and niether of them run, only the “new” intro from Darkside.
3. The prologue missions and the first two mission of joining the rebellion are shown, no others.
4. Some graphics are not seeing smoothly

All other sounds, screen dialogs, instructions and other setting runs fine.

Thanks for your help.

Will T
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:19 pm

What did you install with? Is this from the CD?

To me, this sounds like running the CD version using a no-CD patch but without copying the contents of the CD into the installation folder.

All of the voice SFX were kept on the CD and loaded from the CD during gameplay.

If this is the Steam version, I'd suggest verifying local files.

If it's the GOG version, then I have no idea. I could only suggest redownloading and reinstalling.

With regards to points 2 and 3, I believe a new install of the XWAU patch uses a test pilot file and sets it as default. I think the test pilot is at the first of the Joining the Rebellion Missions. That would be why the only cutscenes unlocked are the intro and the end of Battle 0.

If you have an existing pilot file you're expecting to use, make sure it's copied into the directory and use the launcher to load that pilot file before running the game.

If you don't have an existing pilot, then use the launcher to create a new pilot file and start from the beginning.

For point 4, you might have to be more specific. What do you mean by some graphics aren't smooth? Do you mean missing textures on ships? Missing meshes? Is it effects like laser or engine glows that aren't visible?
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

Ldebroy
Recruit

Post by Ldebroy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:51 pm

Thanks for your reply, I have the original CDs tan came in the Star Wars X-Wing Trilogy set. I did create a CD according to the instructions given on http://markusegger.at/Software/Games/Xw ... tions.html and then installed the game and after that the V2.02 patch. I ran the game with both the original CD or the burned one.

For points 2 and 3 I Will play the game since the beginning.

What I mean when I say that the graphics don´t look smooth is that sometimes the ships or the elements in the hangar moves like frame by frame with a little time between them.

Regards,

Ldebroy
Recruit

Post by Ldebroy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:54 pm

By the way I forgot to tell yoi that after the patch installation I install the DSUCP Version 2.6 from https://darksaber.xwaupgrade.com/