Tech library missing textures?

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Tech library missing textures?

Rebelyell
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Rebelyell » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:39 am

I recently reinstalled xwaucp 1.6 and when I did i found that textures dont show in the tech library. Part of the model and texture may load but it vanishes. I remember something about configuring the ddraw dll but I dont remember what needs to be changed (If that is even the answer).

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:29 pm

use notepad to edit .cfg
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Rebelyell
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Rebelyell » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:15 pm

ah. Can you let me know what it is in the cfg file that i need to edit?

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:28 pm

Not really. Everyone's system is different but it's pretty self-explanatory. You can always edit it if an option doesn't work.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:01 pm

An idea would be to make sure you have all the lastest Hooks and DDraw installed

Also when in game press the Esc key and go to video options, make sure the 3D Hardware is set to YES
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Rebelyell
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Rebelyell » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:30 pm

Thanks Darksaber. 3D hardware is enabled for sure. Since it was xwaucp 1.6 I thought all the hooks would be up to date, but Ill see what I can find. I seem to remember this happening before and I thought there was a quick fix but, perhaps im just getting old and remembering wrong :)

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:37 pm

No there have been some updates to some hooks and maybe some new ones
JeremyaFr wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:20 pm
Before installing, I recommend that you check that you have the latest version of the hooks. The easy way is to use XwaHooksSetup.
I also recommend that you use an updated ddraw.dll that include the commit to reduce memory usage (mine has version v1.3.7). Else the game way run out of memory and crahes in kernelbase.dll.
You can download Jeremy's v1.3.7 DDraw.dll from here JeremyaFr's xwa_ddraw_d3d11 Git Hub Page
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Rebelyell
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Rebelyell » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:20 am

I finally figured out a way to make it so the textures in tech library show up. After unsuccessfully editing almost every option in the ddraw.config I found a way to get it to work. I opened the folder that my xwingalliance.exe is in and right clicked it to open properties. Under the compatibility tab and set the compatibility to run win xp sp 2. That fixed the textures and I am able to view the tech library again :) yay!