[Solved] How do I starting new character in the game?

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Solved] How do I starting new character in the game?

crazyotter
Recruit

Post by crazyotter » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:00 am

I installed XWA from Steam (played the original from Disc 21 years ago...which I still have :D )
Went looking for the manual and found XWA Upgrade. Holy cow! I had no idea there was a community for this game!
My Saitek X45 hasn't been used in 15 years. Working like a champ now.
Anywho, back to the issue.
Ok, so I installed XWA from Steam.
Played a few skirmishes to get my skills back.
Then I installed XWAU Craft Pack 1.6
When I launched the game again the main screen is the bridge of the Defiance and the first mission in the briefing room is TOD Mission 1 (destroy the Imperial Convoy).
Installing the Craft Pack skipped the seven opening missions of the Azzameen family and the first two training missions with the Rebels (Deep Space Strike Eval & Starfighter Superiority Eval).
Any my name is Temp.
Is there a way to start a new character so I can not be known as Temp :kopfwand: and start from the beginning?

Thanks. Temp. :hilfe:
Last edited by Ace Antilles on Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:28 am

It's the same as the original game. You open the X-Wing Alliance Launcher from the Desktop shortcut if you have it.
Otherwise go into your Steam folder. For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars X-Wing Alliance\
Run Alliance.exe and choose/create a new Pilot.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

crazyotter
Recruit

Post by crazyotter » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:43 am

I found it. The icon on my desktop is a Quick Launch and bypasses the initial screen where the Pilot Options button is.
I had to go into the game files and find the right .exe file to launch it.

Thank you for the response.