B4M4 Wingmen kill mission critical craft

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

B4M4 Wingmen kill mission critical craft

LouisdeFuines
Cadet 4th Class

Post by LouisdeFuines » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:53 am

The wingmen kill the Surposa freighter. EACH time.

Instead of just disabling it, they shoot it to death. Ignore order is ignored by the wingmen.

Mission can`t be finished.

Playing XWAUP on easy difficulty.

boysetsfire79
Recruit

Post by boysetsfire79 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:45 pm

Well, you can order your wingmen to ignore target. Nevertheless it was not possible for me to finish this mission because the ion cannons caused more damage on the hull than on the system, so the Suprosa was destroyed before it was disabled. If you have the same problem, then you can use the MXvTEd editor (see download section) to change the configuration of the Suprosa. It should be craft no. 115 SUP. I changed the Hull Rate to 200 and the System Hits to 50, this worked for me. Maybe this helps you.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:53 pm

There was a bug that was causing ships to fire lasers and Ions at the same time when they shouldn't have been.
This should have been fixed now so the mission shouldn't be hard to complete
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:33 pm

the problem is the in XWA you can fire ion and laser all linked together (a thing previous game did not permitted) so AI pilots do their job thinking it is the best way to shoot down shields, but the barrage rate is so that the same fusilade kills shields and the rest 2-4 shot in that kill the hull when multiple starfighters attack the same target to disable. One of the unknown in the order "disable target" (sorry do not ask me which on) set the firing ship on ion only fire. that must be done expecially for the squadron of mixed player/AI, because AI follow the lead of the player - linking the fire systems if he/she does. Usually AI only groups and squadrons use only ion when are under Disable Target.