Errors with XWC3.1.

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Errors with XWC3.1.

Rin Eldrin
Recruit

Post by Rin Eldrin » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:37 am

I have been trying for days to get this to work. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and have updated XWA to 2.02, but when I run XWC.exe (after extracting from the .RAR archive parts) it creates an XWingAlliance folder INSIDE my "\LucasArts\X-Wing Alliance" folder. Attempting to run the XWINGALLIANCE.EXE inside that new subfolder loads the game up and shows me the Mon Calamari Cruiser concourse, but nothing is clickable, pressing ESC to bring up the menu does nothing and I have to use Task Manager to close the program. If I manipulate the directories and install XWC into the same directory as my base XWA game the items on the concourse are clickable, but I run into errors, such as:

- The combat simulator is glitched, only displaying one X-Wing mission playable (the Trench Run).
- Briefings only have a single page which loops endlessly.
- Clicking "Go to hangar" during the briefing simply loads a black screen and all music fades away, forcing me again to use Task Manager to close the game. (This also reveals a small square window simply labeled "ERROR" with the message "Could not load the game" or something to that effect and a single "OK" button.)

I do not have any of Darksaber's stuff installed, as it can no longer be found to my knowledge (and believe me, I have tried), nor did I use xwahacker for widescreen support as my monitor is not widescreen (it's a legit 4:3 LCD flatscreen using a VGA cable hookup). Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:16 pm

Hello,
You can try that:
viewtopic.php?p=163441#p163441