[Solved] Not working on my steam version

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Solved] Not working on my steam version

Steph
Recruit

Post by Steph » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I own the game on Steam and it works, but when I install the mod the launcher opens but I am unable to launch the game.
I do not see what I can do, I have already reinstalled the game several times and it does not change anything.
Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.
Last edited by Ace Antilles on Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:27 pm

Steph wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:15 pm
Hi everyone,

I own the game on Steam and it works, but when I install the mod the launcher opens but I am unable to launch the game.
I do not see what I can do, I have already reinstalled the game several times and it does not change anything.
Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.
Hi. First don't have Steam open when running as it can mess it up.
Second go to your game folder and run Alliance.exe which is a pilot helmet picture.
It seems for some reason the game shortcut isn't being generated but this should help you run it.
You can then make an shortcut on the desktop for it. We're going to get that fixed asap.

This is an example of where I mean
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars X-Wing Alliance\Alliance.exe"
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Steph
Recruit

Post by Steph » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:33 pm

Thank you, I'll try :)

Steph
Recruit

Post by Steph » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:39 pm

It's Working! Thank you very much. :D

Porkins_BB
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Porkins_BB » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:19 pm

Hello, I had the same problem with my Steam version. However, after installing the latest Fixpack, it still wouldn't launch from the short-cut or through Steam. The only way I can run the game is if I click on the XWA Application file, but it boots up automatically and goes straight to the game. It does not load the launcher and offer the pilot, editor, joystick configuration, etc. options. Once I get the game to run, I have issues with my Thrustmaster T1600 flight stick. The craft rotates to the left at random times, I'm still working on fixing that one. I'm not sure why it doesn't run the launcher menu either. I can get the game to run, but not through the actual game launcher.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:13 pm

Hello,
The exe for the launcher is "Alliance.exe".