[Solved] Issues tactic-screen and message-display (blur)

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Solved] Issues tactic-screen and message-display (blur)

LordXorPheus
Recruit

Post by LordXorPheus » Mon May 10, 2021 9:59 pm

Hi there, first of all I wanna say GREAT WORK!!!! Crazy! Sad that Squadrons is such an arcade-game. But you make XWA an modern game again!

First one: I got a prob at the mission briefing: When the tactic-screen is shown (after the intro for instance with the turning logo of the defiance) - the screen where the green tiny ship and the tiny red ones can be seen... those lets call them ship icons were displayed wrong... the left engine of Y-Wing is missing, Dreadnoughts cannot be identified with the icon and only X-Wing where displayed correct. Can I fix that in any way?

Second bug: When flying an X-Wing (in the early rebel-missions) in some star-systems the two displays (missiongoals on the right and messages on the left) were heavy blurred, I can`t read anything...
In that A-Wing when checking out Admiral Holtz search-group (and destroying those probe droids) these two displays are completely missing?
Last edited by Ace Antilles on Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon May 10, 2021 10:06 pm

LordXorPheus wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:59 pm
Hi there, first of all I wanna say GREAT WORK!!!! Crazy! Sad that Squadrons is such an arcade-game. But you make XWA an modern game again!

First one: I got a prob at the mission briefing: When the tactic-screen is shown (after the intro for instance with the turning logo of the defiance) - the screen where the green tiny ship and the tiny red ones can be seen... those lets call them ship icons were displayed wrong... the left engine of Y-Wing is missing, Dreadnoughts cannot be identified with the icon and only X-Wing where displayed correct. Can I fix that in any way?

Second bug: When flying an X-Wing (in the early rebel-missions) in some star-systems the two displays (missiongoals on the right and messages on the left) were heavy blurred, I can`t read anything...
In that A-Wing when checking out Admiral Holtz search-group (and destroying those probe droids) these two displays are completely missing?
Which mission is this?
Sounds like a few things going wrong.
Can you elaborate please. Are you playing with a GoG, Steam or CD copy etc.
Is this from a fresh install or existing one? The more info the better can be helpful. Thanks
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

LordXorPheus
Recruit

Post by LordXorPheus » Mon May 10, 2021 10:17 pm

Hey Ace,

the tacic-screen-bug is at every mission.

I installed the steam-version and afterwards directly installed XWAU (don`t know which version, must be the one before the latest march-update). The only non-stock I`ve done was to patch from english to german (just copying the files over the old before installing XWAU)

I`m installing the new update now, perhaps it works after that :) - didn`t work :(

Here is a screenshot from the missionbriefing directly after that mission I mentioned earlier with the destruction of the probe droids:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon May 10, 2021 11:05 pm

Which files did you copy over to convert to German?
This may or may not help. Extract this file and place it in your XWA main folder.

GermanTab.zip

What you need to do though is install XWA with Steam.
Then TURN OFF STEAM.
Then install the XWAU Mega Patch.
Otherwise Steam can mess stuff op and overwrite things.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LordXorPheus
Recruit

Post by LordXorPheus » Mon May 10, 2021 11:35 pm

Well that worked :) the tacics-bug is solved yeeeehaaaw :) :)

Thank you!!!!!!

EDIT:
I remember another bug but I didn`t try to search for it... just want you to know: The mission where we fly back to the Azameen-repairstation (twin-sun-station that is seen in the intro-movie) I should pick up some warheads in a hangar while Aeron is hacking the computer (or anything else, I don`t remember). But that crate is IN the station, not in the hanger and therefore out of reach. I just can get rid of all enemies and then destroy the station to pick up the crate.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon May 10, 2021 11:44 pm

It's to do with the languages conflicting with the new stuff. If you hadn't mentioned that then it would have been hard to fix.
Jeremy has kindly fixed them and we're going to be adding them to our next patch hopefully.
Also this file I've sent to DE to change some messages in the S-foil use.
Please backup these files for future installs.

Hook_Sfoils-DE.zip

As for the other issues then please post pics or more examples. Otherwise do the fresh install option I mentioned.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon May 10, 2021 11:47 pm

LordXorPheus wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 11:35 pm
I remember another bug but I didn`t try to search for it... just want you to know: The mission where we fly back to the Azameen-repairstation (twin-sun-station that is seen in the intro-movie) I should pick up some warheads in a hangar while Aeron is hacking the computer (or anything else, I don`t remember). But that crate is IN the station, not in the hanger and therefore out of reach. I just can get rid of all enemies and then destroy the station to pick up the crate.
That was fixed in our Updates. So once U3 is installed it should be a tiny bit off the ground.
As I just said if you're getting lots of issues still try a reinstall and then turn off steam first.
You should be playing from the Alliance Launcher link and NOT from the steam game shortcut.

highorph
Cadet 4th Class

Post by highorph » Tue May 11, 2021 7:12 am

Ace Antilles wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 11:44 pm
Jeremy has kindly fixed them and we're going to be adding them to our next patch hopefully.
Wow, that's awesome. Whereas I have no issues playing the game in English, some friends need to get the game in Spanish to understand most of the missions and messages in game. Looking forward to it, and thanks so much!!