Star Wars X-Wing Alliance XWAU Mega patch Special Effect by Blue Max

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Star Wars X-Wing Alliance XWAU Mega patch Special Effect by Blue Max

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Sat May 22, 2021 1:20 pm

Hi @Ace Antilles.
I want to ask you about Special Efects by Blue Max.
I have found a vay to disable it but there is a thing i want to nou about it.Is there any keyboard button that turn it on and off the Blue Max Effect just like in Starcraft Remastered that when you pres F5 it cange from remasterd to a luck it haved before remasterd like it was in win 95(About Starcraft was just an exampol).
I found that in Rebel hangar ic a square resolution(probobly4:3)not widescrean.But in the mission ic full widescreean streached.
I found the option that sey''Preserve Aspect Rato''
I chose the ''Main Menu follows your screan resolution that canged the Main Menu(rebel hangar where there is teach room)and it is also in widescreean wich is good but...
When i disable Blue Max Effect it also disable Preserve Aspect Rato to''Preserve Aspec Rato of the main menu[Defoult]instead of staying at ''Main Menu follows your screan resolution''wich get disabled.
To make it short how do i disable Blue Max Effect but keap Main Menu(Rebel hangar next to teach room) to be streached in widescreen bay enabling'Main Menu follows your screan resolution'''(Wich is widescreean.
To end this i will simplefy this.
1.Blue Max Effect\off
2.Main Menu follows your screan resolution\on
P.S if something like that cant be done right nau i realy but realy hope that this will be posebol in next update because this 2 are what i want to achive:)The Old DarkSaber ultimate craft pack(dead project)fixed bouth of this things for me:)Well actuly the second one as Blue Max Effect didnt exsisted then:)It fixed in Main Menu to be Widescreen and in mission in flight and i dont nou way the XWAUP Mega patch culd falow thiseym thing or if you sey it cant then ok but i hope for something similar so it work similar or thiseym:)

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Sat May 22, 2021 3:14 pm

Best to actually ask @blue_max about this since it's his effects ;) I know a few can be disabled or at least changed with a shortcut.
Might I ask what exactly you don't like about the effects and especially why you want to disable/enable them within the game? You can easily disable a lot of the effects from Babu Frik. There's also the option to set the aspect ratio you want:
BabuFrik.jpg
So not sure what else you want (except of course to change the settings in-game, which I still don't understand why you would need it)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Sat May 22, 2021 3:44 pm

@Forceflow
Hi m8:)
I want to disable it because it dosnt work aperently without VR(that i dont have)
When i enter the mission with Blue Max Effect the cockpit is in black as cant se anithing on it and all in front of me is black and when i luck at the ships in des distance they all eather apear blurry and some distance stations or planed are in black as i cant se them properly(as i dont nou what is the problem tbh).
That is way i want to disable it.
As for Preserve Aspect Rato the option Main menu follows your screen resolution i nou about it and it work but....when Blue Max Effect is enabled that option work but when Blue Max Effect is disabled the Perserve Aspect Rato 2nd option i wroted about is disabled and as it work only when Blue Max Effect is on.
I dont nou hau confusing this will be but i want to keap Preserve Aspect Rate 2nd option enabled as Blue Max Effect is disabed...and it cant:(

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Sat May 22, 2021 4:02 pm

Rest assured the effects work just fine without VR. Most members play the game without VR (myself included) It looks like you are running into some other bug here, so we need to find out what the actual issue is.
Did you install the XWAU 2020 pack onto a fresh XWA install that had no other modifications to it? If not please backup your current XWA folder and install it fresh with no further modifications. Then install the 2020 pack and the v3 update.
Once this is done launch the game via the new launcher icon, please do not use the Steam Icon in case you are using the steam version. Check if the issue still exists and report back. If you've already done that we'll have to dive deeper into the issue. Would help to know what game version you are using (CD, Steam or GOG) and what specs your HW is.

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Sat May 22, 2021 5:12 pm

You can press Ctrl + Alt + O to toggle most of the shading and Ctrl + A to toggle the Bloom effect; but if you want to remove all the effects you can do it through Babu Frik. BTW, I don't ever run the effects without shading (because in that case, why bother with the effects at all), so you might see some artifacts/bugs if you do that.

I didn't mess with the resolution nor the aspect ratio. If you're having problems in that area it's not because of the effects.

You can totally run the effects without VR, again look at the Babu Frik configurator and disable VR there.

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Sat May 22, 2021 5:18 pm

@blue_max
Hey there:)
I dont want to disable it permanently as all i want to test effect with and without it:)
That is all:)
As for VR in Babu Frik how do i disable VR if all is seted to defoult?:)
Also i just trayed CTtrl+Alt+0 or it was O and Ctrl+Alt during filght and nothing canged:(
Please forgive me but i am new to this mod and i am just learning things as i instaled it today so not all things works like it worked for others.
Tbh i dont nou what to tray als as if you have any idea let me nou:)
Eventualy it will work as it worked for others:)

P.S Shading is on bay defoult didnt tuched it at all:)
Neather the resolution or aspect rato i tuched or anithing all...options are seted to there defoult position:)
Even if i did mesed up with them i eventualy turned thm back to defoult:)

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Sun May 23, 2021 4:42 am

Hello @Paladinspat.

I'm pretty sure you don't have VR enabled. But you can check using the Babu Frik configurator. Look at the picture that Forceflow posted above, under the "Head Tracking" section, it should say "No Head Tracking". It's the default option.

To toggle the effects it's Ctrl+Alt+O, that is a letter Oh (not a number zero). It only works in-flight. If nothing changed, then maybe you're not running with the Effects at all.

If you're still trying to make the game follow the screen resolution and aspect ratio, then look at the picture that Forceflow posted above. Under "Preserve Aspect Ratio", select "Main Menu follows your screen resolution".

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Sun May 23, 2021 7:27 am

@blue_max
Hey all is working fine nau but i have question.
As all is on even Blue Mah Effect how to disable blue or red sheep effect in the HUD and the mission objectives mesages to only use thouse bay presing D
P.S The blue Max efect is still on all is on i mented this turning off in flight like that Ctrl+Alt+O thing:)

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Sun May 23, 2021 9:00 am

Not quite sure which effects you mean. I assume you mean the wireframe option for the blue/red/green ships in the HUD. That can be disabled by selecting 'Deactivate the Wireframe view on the MFD' under the 'Wireframe on the MFD' option in Babu Frick.
I don't understand the second question. What is the effect you have right now and how do you want it to behave?

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Sun May 23, 2021 2:42 pm

I'm not quite sure what you're asking about, but be aware that not all ships have Dynamic Cockpit support. That is, only some ships will display the HUD as part of the 3D cockpit. This is not a bug, it's simply that we haven't finished adding this feature to all the cockpits. The YT series ships, like the Ontana (which is used in the first missions), do not have this feature yet.