Old and new isuses regarding cutseans

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Old and new isuses regarding cutseans

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Sat May 29, 2021 8:49 pm

Hi m8 i am gona post something i posted in pervious posts before this one:)
This is the last one i maked before this.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well to start with it the small HUD that i ment was that black small one in the middle of cockpit where it show shieps(besicaly centre one in the cockpit)
When i dont circle it move it X-Wing icon picture acordingly and when i select a shiep it not showing a shiep in it (as i recal ic black,complitly black,off or ic on but it show nothing on it screan)
The purple HUD where you se a select a shiep it display it normal(as ic vannila HUD)
Next where i am puling the pacages to install them one bay one was in your old XWAUP page long ago before it was all puted in one pacage as it is nau back then it was all seperated bay 1 pacage 1 shiep instalation etc at one time.Back then i downloaded them all and keaped them in safe pleace so if anithing change i can simply reinstall them:)
Ou but dont wory i am not atempting to reinstall them all manualy as i only instaled the container one because i liked the other model better(i am not seying i dont like the new model as i do like it but i only liked the old one as for me that is:)
As i seyed i am not atempting to install them all manualy because it wasnt needed and i will not duit because i found out for exampl that if i install TIE fighter stand alone pacage the ships in flight luck normal but when i select it in the HUD it cockpit have square luck in it(mining ic brocken up)
So after i so that i reinstaled the whole game etc and nau it luck as it shuld be and because i learned the mistake i will not duit again as if ic not working it is not working as i learned mine lasons:)
P.S whatever you tell me not to i promis i will not do so you dont need to tell me not to do as i promis you or i can asure you that i will not as onse mestake learned alvays learned:)
Ok sins all worked fine nau as all this what i seyed was back when i haved problem when it not worked then work nau:)
And nau lec sey one small ishues i found out.
I dont nou if ic YOGEME thing or Allied thing but there was a station caled ''Pirate Junkyd Base that was included in Mega Patch and Update 3 as it comed with it.I loaded the mission that i puted it in to take closer luck at hau it luck.I culdnt luck at it as mission crashed(probobly because of it) as i removed it from mine custom mission map and map loaded fine:)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nau for the problem from today.
The fearst thing i did is i maked a backup of movie folder.
The second thing i did is installing ''XWA Movie Crawl v1.1''
The fearst starting intros play fine but the one with star wars logo and along long time ago dont play or start as ic only black screan...so i am wondering what did i did wrong or forgot to do as like i seyed abowe i did backup of movie folder and then simply installed the mod and i think that wuld be it so i dont nou what als i forot...do some hoock disabe it i dont nou...i will wait for you to se if that is the problem or not:)

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun May 30, 2021 9:02 pm

To confirm you are saying when you try and play the XWA Movie Crawl video you are getting a blank screen?
Go to the Movies folder and make sure you have Intro_Final.mp4 and see if it plays in Windows normally.
If you have any other Intro_Final files just move them somewhere else while testing.

There seems to be a known issue that is affecting very few people where they can't play new videos.
We think it's something to do with codecs or something on those lines.
Right now we don't have a fix for this but this is the first time I heard of it on the XWA Movie Crawl.
It's not something that affects the XWAU itself currently, only custom videos.

Maybe try downloading K-Lite Codec Pack if you haven't got an updated video player if nothing else works.
https://codecguide.com/download_k-lite_ ... k_mega.htm
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Mon May 31, 2021 11:58 am

@Ace Antilles
Hey i be short here:)
Before i download that codec thing i will sey that i have:Divx player,VLC Media player,Winamp,Windows Media player.
The XWA Movie Crawl Intro_Final.mp4 is in Movie folder and i dont nou about it playing with Windows media player (probobly do).
The Intro_Final.mp4 is opened with VLC Media player as Intro_Final.mp4 have icon as VLC so yes that work and i think Windows Media player works fine:)
P.S i can conferm that VLC Media player as i used Bandicut to merge 2 starting intros+ Intro_Final.mp4 in to one video and again ic work in VLC so codec Pack for VLC is there and working:)
I wish i culd send you the video to se it but unforchenetly i dont se the option here to send it to you or to send you a video me making video from mine pc side so you can se it working.

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:28 am

@Ace Antilles
Hi there:)
I just comed to conferm that Final_intro.mp4 still wont play in game.
Today i was traying all the things you told me as folow:
1.I removed old final_introl.SNM files and pleaced them outside of movie folder(lec sey desectop)and i puted only Final_intro.mp4 from XWA Movie Crawl.
2.Even moving those files it still not work in game.
3.(This is gona sound stuped but atlist i trayed the stuped thing)I renamed Final_intro.mp4 to orginal file final_intro.SCM and no intro movie played as it skeaped to hangar.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>LUCK AT THIS 4TH ONE AS THIS ONE CONFERMED WORKING<<
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4.I played the Final_intro.mp4 with all players i have VLC,Windows media player,DXplayer,winamp.The movie play in all of them normaly outside of the game to conferm what you told me to tray last time.As for codec thing...sins it work in all players that min codec is not required unlas ic a special codec that is needed but not included in player i mentioned abowe as it probobly need an older player that i dont have that i probobly need to get and get it codec unlas ic not necesery as if it work with all the player i mentioned abowe outside of the game then i am gesing codec is not required:)
P.S. I have a old Darksaber movie that is caled LogoFinal.avi that played normaly in game and i am going to tray to rename final_intro.mp4 one in to avi that will be final_intro.avi and lec se if it work:)
Last edited by Paladinspat on Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:56 am

@Ace Antilles
Hi there just a quick update:)
I finaly maked Final_intro.mp4 work in the game and no codec is required:)
All i did was changing the format name from Final_intro.mp4 in to Final_Intro.avi and it worked:)
P.S Problem fixed and concluded:)
I wonder as i might be wrong but maby XWA Movie Crawl when you maded it long time ago it only suported mp4(as i might be wrong as there are many mp4 videos that use mp4 right nau and i am not using it)Also...maby i am wrong but i think mp4 exsisted back when you made it and avi didnt exsisted back then so it was made mp4 bay defoult(i dont nou as again i maby wrong).
Sins i used mp4 it didnt work but when i canged it to avi wich i used it started to work:)

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:42 am

@Ace Antilles
Hey Just comed to sey something about that shuld be ignored and considered not importend but even if not importent i wonder if it can be fixed:)
When i installed XWA Movie Crawl i confermed that it work when i canged from mp4 to avi but there is one thing that eluded me and i dont nou if ic normal or not.
During the cutsean i so something that can only be refered as a square artifacts during cutsean playing.Oldou i seyed at start i dont maind it and i culd ignore it if ic like that bay defoult but...if it can be fixed let me nou what i can tray.
And just one more thing about HD cutsean.
I installet them as you seyed after XWA Movie Crawl.
So besicaly what i did is this.
1st-XWA Movie Crawl
2nd-XWA HD Cutscenes
It worked fine with XWA Movie Crawl(but i dont se any HD canges even if you can ashure me they are there...yes they are there but mine eyes didnt so them)
When i started a 1st intro cutsean it didnt haved Along long time ago as it sciped to Star Wars introduction intro and the part of XWA Movie Crawl.
I delted whole Movie folder and replaced it with defoult movie folder then reinstaled XWA Movie Crawl and again repited the proces of replcing mp4 to avi and it worked again(without installing XWA HD Cutscenes).
P.S I am keeaping XWA HD Cutscenes in a seperate folder on another drive as i liked it for the future references etc:)

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:32 pm

Paladinspat wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:42 am
@Ace Antilles
Hey Just comed to sey something about that shuld be ignored and considered not importend but even if not importent i wonder if it can be fixed:)
When i installed XWA Movie Crawl i confermed that it work when i canged from mp4 to avi but there is one thing that eluded me and i dont nou if ic normal or not.
During the cutsean i so something that can only be refered as a square artifacts during cutsean playing.Oldou i seyed at start i dont maind it and i culd ignore it if ic like that bay defoult but...if it can be fixed let me nou what i can tray.
And just one more thing about HD cutsean.
I installet them as you seyed after XWA Movie Crawl.
So besicaly what i did is this.
1st-XWA Movie Crawl
2nd-XWA HD Cutscenes
It worked fine with XWA Movie Crawl(but i dont se any HD canges even if you can ashure me they are there...yes they are there but mine eyes didnt so them)
When i started a 1st intro cutsean it didnt haved Along long time ago as it sciped to Star Wars introduction intro and the part of XWA Movie Crawl.
I delted whole Movie folder and replaced it with defoult movie folder then reinstaled XWA Movie Crawl and again repited the proces of replcing mp4 to avi and it worked again(without installing XWA HD Cutscenes).
P.S I am keeaping XWA HD Cutscenes in a seperate folder on another drive as i liked it for the future references etc:)
@Paladinspat Hi. I've merged your new topic with the old one. There's no need to create new topics when you have one already ongoing.
The XWA Movie Crawl was made in November 2020 for me by Angei so it's not very old.

Changing the format name from mp4 to avi shouldn't have worked so it's probably why you are getting some issues.
The square artefacts are probably because of this. Or it's possibly a sign that your computer is struggling to play the video.

You have the installation reversed. It should be this.
1st- XWA HD Cutscenes
2nd- XWA Movie Crawl
I'm going to be looking at ways to improve the installation in the future.
The videos are as HD as they can be. They are upscaled versions of the originals and not compete remakes.

We're only starting to experiment with new video formats for XWA and pushing it's limits. Very very few people so far have issues.
I might get the XWA Movie Crawl converted to avi to see if it's more compatible at some time.
Whatever you have working now is as best as it can be currently. Sorry.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:44 pm

@Ace Antilles
Hey i nou you seyed canging mp4 to avi shuldt work but ges what it actuly worked and it play ok in game as i seyed:)