[SOLVED] game won't control throttle from any x56 axis

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[SOLVED] game won't control throttle from any x56 axis

jntracks
Recruit

Post by jntracks » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:55 am

Hi everyone.
I've been at this for around 2 hours and got nowhere.

No matter how I arrange it, I can't get the game to see any input from the axis on my x56 to throttle control. The buttons do work. and the buttons and axis on my stick work.

I've tried using the controllers naturally with their own software, and I've also tried the vjoy/gremlin route, in both cases get it all set up and see visual confirmation that the axis are sending to the computer and it's registering correctly, but the game will never receive throttle input.

In fact, even when I bind the throttle axis to something I know works, like the x axis on my stick, it still doesn't work. I've also bound the throttle axis to roll and I'm able to roll the ship by pushing the throttle forward and back.
So the game is seeing input from that axis, but it won't control the throttle.

keyboard binds do control the throttle,(backspace, backslash, =, - ) but no axis from x56

Any help? what could be going wrong?
Thanks.
Last edited by jntracks on Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:17 pm

@ual002 do you know any tips for this?
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:31 pm

Plop this in and see what you get. It's my setup.

Related: I also fully recommend that you connect at least the throttle USB to a USB 2.0 port on your PC, or use an extender cable rather than a USB Hub. I've noticing ghosted button presses and axis weirdness when the throttle gets connected to anything USB 3.0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image Image Image Image

jntracks
Recruit

Post by jntracks » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:47 pm

Thanks for the reply; I'll try this out later today.

Oh and on the x56, yes I've noticed early on the behavior of extra button presses when it's not in the right port. Picky thing!
I have both pieces directly connected for now, but it did seem to be a problem on a hub only when the hub was connected to a 3.0 port. Others have commented that theirs doesn't work right unless it's a powered hub (which I did not find).
Anyway, thanks I'll check this out later!