[HELP] - Speed at proving grounds Ringer

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[HELP] - Speed at proving grounds Ringer

Linkoln
Recruit

Post by Linkoln » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:19 pm

Hello there.

I faced an issue when i can't reach enough speed for beating top records on Ringer.
With full throttle, disabled shields and 2 energy in weapons i reach maximum 250 speed while some mate on youtube reaching 400+ speed.
May be there are some additional tweaks for increasing speed limit?

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:46 am

You can use MXvTED to alter the top speed of your ship, but this is essentially cheating since you're altering the binary of the game itself. I don't know of any ship that can reach 400+ MGLT using the game's standard settings. On the other hand, you might be able to reach those speeds using the SLAM system, but your craft needs to be equipped with that.

Linkoln
Recruit

Post by Linkoln » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:35 pm

blue_max wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:46 am
You can use MXvTED to alter the top speed of your ship, but this is essentially cheating since you're altering the binary of the game itself. I don't know of any ship that can reach 400+ MGLT using the game's standard settings. On the other hand, you might be able to reach those speeds using the SLAM system, but your craft needs to be equipped with that.
blue_max, thanks for reply. Of course i meant only in-game methods =)
Like full engine burst or something like that. Because i can't figure out how it even possible to beat top ratings on my current speed even with perfect fly - without skiping yellow lights and with full energy on engines after first lap.

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:55 pm

The only legal way to fly at that speed would be through the use of the SLAM system. But, again, only a few craft are equipped with it and I'm not sure any SLAM-equipped craft can be selected in that mission.