YT-2400 weaponry question

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

YT-2400 weaponry question

willharsh88
Recruit

Post by willharsh88 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:30 pm

Just flew the YT-2400 during a quick skirmish and the weapons are acting very strange compared to how I remember them from previous versions of the craft. When selecting the Primary cannons, it alternates 2 shots with a laser and 2 shots with an ion cannon. When selecting the Secondary cannons, it is ion cannons only. Pressing 'w' again brings up Cannons set to single fire which is lasers only. Also, in previous versions of the craft there were defensive fire turrets much like the other YT series ships with an optional manual turret operation on the installer. The defensive fire and autofire turrets do not work at all, and, unless I am mistaken, the YT-2400 was never equipped with ion cannons in either canon or legends. I am just wondering if this is how the YT-2400 is supposed to be equipped for weaponry or if there is a bug for this ship.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:51 am

I think @DTM is the best person to answer this as it's his ship
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:46 pm

I do know that the turret was removed, it was never really intended to have one so it was decided to remove it again.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

willharsh88
Recruit

Post by willharsh88 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:03 pm

@Forceflow That's just referring to the manually operated gun turrets accessed by pressing the 'g' key, right? I would think that the functionality of the YT-2400 should be like how the Muurian Transport is. No player operated gun turrets, but still having the rear arc protected by defensive and auto fire functions from the cockpit by pressing the 'f' key.