[Bug] Babu Frik Configurator Bloom.cfg error

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Bug] Babu Frik Configurator Bloom.cfg error

silverace99
Recruit

Post by silverace99 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:45 pm

Greetings! Learned about XWAU recently and am having a blast!

I'm hitting an error message about bloom.cfg when trying to save settings in the Babu Frik Configurator:

(edit: I realized the image is too high res to show clearly on the board. here is a link: https://ibb.co/xsFKM7Y)

I have tried both the default bloom effects and uninstalling the bloom effects via the configurator, but same error message pops up.

My setup is the XWAU Mega Patch 2020 with Update Version 4.0 patch, and nothing else.

It was working fine initially. I used the Configurator to disable all special effects and that worked fine. Once I tried to change the config after that, I hit this bloom.cfg error message. It seems consistent so far.

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:06 am

silverace99 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:45 pm
I'm hitting an error message about bloom.cfg when trying to save settings in the Babu Frik Configurator:
I don't know why this happened, but the error message is saying that you don't have a Bloom.cfg file in your XWA install path anymore. Here's my Bloom.cfg:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/spfw95ato400z ... m.cfg?dl=0

Try putting it in the XWA install directory.

silverace99
Recruit

Post by silverace99 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:34 am

blue_max wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:06 am
silverace99 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:45 pm
I don't know why this happened, but the error message is saying that you don't have a Bloom.cfg file in your XWA install path anymore. Here's my Bloom.cfg:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/spfw95ato400z ... m.cfg?dl=0

Try putting it in the XWA install directory.
Thanks. I dropped it into the main directory and the error message changed. It is now telling me there is an SSAO.cfg that is missing, which I assume is tied to the Ambient Occlusion shading option. Looks like a number of config files get affected.

I also observed conclusively: choosing "Disable All of the Special Effects" option is deleting the config file. I loaded your bloom.cfg file into my install area, disabled special effects and saved the configurator, and lo and behold it deleted the bloom.cfg. I was able to reproduce this consistently.

In the meantime, what would you recommend as a fix? Can I get all the necessary config files I need from somewhere and drop them in, or do I need to reinstall XWAU? :)

DrFortran
Recruit

Post by DrFortran » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:47 am

Ooo I had this issue. As you mentioned, it's related to the option "Disable all of the Special Effects". If I recall correctly, choosing the "Restore the default Effects settings" should create all the cfg files again.

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:20 am

Definitely try what DrFortran is saying. If that fails, just reinstall XWAU.

silverace99
Recruit

Post by silverace99 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:23 am

DrFortran wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:47 am
Ooo I had this issue. As you mentioned, it's related to the option "Disable all of the Special Effects". If I recall correctly, choosing the "Restore the default Effects settings" should create all the cfg files again.
That did it thank you :)