VSD v2 Ultimate Edition WIP & Discussion

This is the XWA Upgrade Forums! In here you'll find some of the most talented 3D modellers and texture guys on the net!

Moderators: Darksaber, General_Trageton, K_Kinnison

Re: VSD v2 Ultimate Edition WIP & Discussion

Phoenix Leader
Ensign
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:53 pm

This is a bit out of topic, but I've never understood why Battlefront II (2005) put those silly Victory II-class frigates as secondary capital ships for the Empire instead of Victory II-class Star Destroyers. The space battles in that game are awful. It is light years behind X-Wing Alliance.

The only positive thing about Victory II-class frigates is their 3 gun turrets remind me of the XX-9 heavy turbolasers as seen in Rogue Squadron.
By the way, I guess those tubes in the aft section of a Victory II-class frigate are concussion missile tubes.

General_Trageton

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by General_Trageton » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:27 am

I would rather not make them missile tubes, seeing as they‘re right next to the bridge. One lucky hit to the magazine could easily blow up the entire tower.

Right now I have a dedicated launcher mesh in front of the superstructure.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's Modding HQ | Blue Phantom Chronicles WIki | My Steam Workshop

Avarice1987
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:49 am

It looks really good, then the turrets.

Which I'd love it if some modder of the ISD1&2 could see the axial triplet turrets, which have always been assumed, but only since RO in a movie.

Hm, the Front Observation Station ... It belongs clearly to this model, so I would also install it.

And no, the VSD has like the ISD only 2 shield generators. Currently the target system at the rear is assigned as shield generator ( Darksabers Craft pack ).

I am curious in any case, but must say now already, very good work.

Greetings

Mark

Griffin
Lieutenant JG

Post by Griffin » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:15 am

General_Trageton wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:27 am
I would rather not make them missile tubes, seeing as they‘re right next to the bridge. One lucky hit to the magazine could easily blow up the entire tower.

Right now I have a dedicated launcher mesh in front of the superstructure.

Awesome! Cannot wait to install this well designed bad boy :D