Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:14 pm

Well it's a marathon not a sprint :D
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

eddybruch
Recruit

Post by eddybruch » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:43 pm

Im gratefull you guys have that kind of breath and passion to put that much work in a 20 year old game :) I am new here and i just noticed how long this project is running. Respect for that much patience.

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:57 pm

Nice, I REALLY need to get that new joystick.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:03 pm

If you want one that is not too costly, the HOTAS4 is good
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

Will T
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:05 pm

EDIT: Never mind, had some issues, should have read the whole original post - needed the updated ddraw.

All looks great so far.
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:27 pm

Ok Warb, so just a quick functionality suggestion/interest check... On the repair yard (which is amazing by the way), do you think it would be a good idea to change the main hangar from the center one that effectively launches any ships into the ship parked in drydock to one of the two side facing hangars. That way player and AI launches and recoveries are not hindered by the craft under repair?

Secondly, I noticed there was no hangar for the repair yard. If you are working on one I can calm down, but alternatively I can bang a quick one out using your model if you want. Before I do this though I want to make sure we can change the launch point as it will affect which way I point the launch in the hangar sequence.

Thoughts?
Image Image Image Image Image

Warb_Null
XWAU Member

Post by Warb_Null » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:26 am

I placed the hangar hardpoints in the same place as in the Original opt without giving it a second thought. What you say makes sense though.
I have not made a hangar model. If you want to make one, be my guest :)

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:31 pm

ual002 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:27 pm
Ok Warb, so just a quick functionality suggestion/interest check... On the repair yard (which is amazing by the way), do you think it would be a good idea to change the main hangar from the center one that effectively launches any ships into the ship parked in drydock to one of the two side facing hangars. That way player and AI launches and recoveries are not hindered by the craft under repair?

Secondly, I noticed there was no hangar for the repair yard. If you are working on one I can calm down, but alternatively I can bang a quick one out using your model if you want. Before I do this though I want to make sure we can change the launch point as it will affect which way I point the launch in the hangar sequence.

Thoughts?
If you don't I probably will.

TNT
Cadet 4th Class

Post by TNT » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:59 am

So awesome that work continues on this. The new installer is fantastic. So many options. Can resolutions go above 1920x1080 or is that above what is recommended?

Also thanks for making this Good Old Games version compatible!

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:09 am

Driftwood, go for it. I wasn't planning on any new 3d meshes. If you want to turn it over for item placement using the [model]hangar.cfg I can help there. Up to you.
Image Image Image Image Image

Darkblue
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Darkblue » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:09 am

Thank you very much for these updates, it always makes my day when I see your news here! Thanks a lot. They are wonderful

I don't understand the thing about the installers, though. Looking to what DS said (quoted) in the first post should I understand that all the individual installers are upgraded already? And what about XWAUPack 1.6, has it been updated to follow the new installer policy also? If so, I am a bit surprised as it would have been likely a lot of work. Or maybe the new installer thing is only for the releases after XWAU Craft Pack 1.6? If the new installer is only for the last releases, is it compatible with the old one or XWAUP Craft Pack 1.6? Please could someone clarify it a little?

BTW for me to have installers is a MUST. I would simple (and sadly) stop playing XWA if I had to install them manually. Nowadays I have to rely completely in the fast/easy way (installers). I guess there is a lot of people in the same situation. Just my 2 cents.