How to install XWAU for EA Origin version of XWA?

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

How to install XWAU for EA Origin version of XWA?

althaz
Recruit

Post by althaz » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:05 am

Title kinda says it all. I'm trying to install XWAU on my Origin version of XWA (I did have it on CD? DVD? somewhere, but my garage is a complete mess right now :)).

The installer says "pick a version", but doesn't give me the option of picking the EA Origin version :(.

Just wondering which version I *should* pick?

althaz
Recruit

Post by althaz » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:12 am

Update: Picking the Steam version got through (as choosing the other versions did not). If the game works correctly after this (or not), I'll post again so future googlers can find this information :).

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:16 am

Good to hear, I was about to suggest you think about buying the GOG version if none of the options work, but if the installers proceeds with GOG selected it should all be fine.

Please let us know if it works, then we can let others know about it :)
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

althaz
Recruit

Post by althaz » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:11 am

Can confirm, installed XWAU and a bunch of other stuff. If you are from the future, select the "Steam" option in XWAU if you're using the EA Origin version of the game. I did some digging and they appear to be exactly the same version of the game and I can confirm I was able to use XWAU and a few other things by following the Steam instructions each time.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:38 pm

Good to know.
Thanks.