XWAU 2020 - Space Debris Effect?

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

XWAU 2020 - Space Debris Effect?

Mikedora
Recruit

Post by Mikedora » Sun May 16, 2021 1:30 pm

First off, congrats to all of the team who developed the excellent XWAU 2020 mod. I only discovered this last week, it has really breathed new life into this old sim.

But I have one question, somewhat basic, forgive me if it's been answered already. How do I turn off the "space debris" effects? I tried turning them off in the sim's "graphics options" menu, but I still get the effect of flying through rain at high speed, with the particles ("raindrops") streaking by. This is unrealistic to me, I would like to get rid of it. But how?

Thanks

Mike

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Sun May 16, 2021 2:02 pm

It is not unrealistic - after starships and fighters blow up in a relatively small volume of space you should have quite a dense and persistent debris field. But! It should go with solar wind and show streams and turbolences as those experimented by international space station above Earth.

DarHan
Rebel Alliance

Post by DarHan » Sun May 16, 2021 2:41 pm

Mikedora wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 1:30 pm
But I have one question, somewhat basic, forgive me if it's been answered already. How do I turn off the "space debris" effects? I tried turning them off in the sim's "graphics options" menu, but I still get the effect of flying through rain at high speed, with the particles ("raindrops") streaking by. This is unrealistic to me, I would like to get rid of it. But how?
In your XWA install folder, open the file named SSAO.cfg and change the enable_speed_shader parameter to 0.
“Red Four, nothing’s gone wrong yet.”
— Hobbie Klivian

Mikedora
Recruit

Post by Mikedora » Sun May 16, 2021 2:58 pm

That works, thanks!