XWA, XWAU and Life!

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

Re: XWA, XWAU and Life!

Gryphon
Lieutenant JG

Post by Gryphon » Tue Jan 14, 2003 3:22 am

It is nice to know I'm not the only one displeased with the EH :mad:
<B>Crusade 3 Game Master</B><BR><A HREF="http://swcrusade.ionichost.com" TARGET=_blank>http://swcrusade.ionichost.com </A>

Defiant
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Defiant » Tue Jan 14, 2003 2:51 pm

You know what, DS? This time I absolutely agree with you. Before Troy and Lt. Hag came around, it seemed like most of the half-decent X-W tools came from the EH, and had restrictions so that only members could use them. So you know what, guys? Blow it out your ass. You can make up all the stuff you want to make yourselves feel important, but leave us out of it.<P>Authorize that, bitch.<P>------------<BR>XWAU PGR Defiant<BR>BRL/SoS/LOL/KMA/UYEH/HAHA

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:45 pm

:p Good show, DS. Good show, Def. Nice to know we can all agree on one thing.
<B><A HREF="http://stellatus.net" TARGET=_blank>Stellatus.net</A></B><BR>My online portfolio

RogueWing
Cadet 1st Class

Post by RogueWing » Tue Jan 14, 2003 9:13 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darksaber:<BR><STRONG>This is nothing personal to you Rogue Wing but : -<P>That's one thing I can't stand about the EH, the craft we make are <B>" FREE"</B> get that <B>FREE</B>, to whoever wishes to us them for there own purposes, we don't need any authorization from a bunch of jumped up little twits at the EH.<P>Oh and if the bigwigs in all the glory from The Emperors Hammer wish to use anything I have worked, and I mean anything that has my name on it, within any of there publicly released missions: -<P>They will have to ask me for "authorization"!<P>I've dealt with the jerks in the past, all over few lines about the Emperors Hammer I added out of courtesy in one of my descriptions namely the TIE Shadow, one jerk from your group emailed me and requested that I remove anything to do with the Emperors Hammer from the description, all because the craft wasn't authorized by them! Therefore I had no right to include the name Emperors Hammer within the description.<P>And if you don’t believe me I’ll send you the email they sent me<P>So you can guess what my answer would be, can't you?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Actually, I believe you. (I think I know who you are talking about...)<BR>Now, I will admit that I know NOTHING about opting. I've tried and I suck at it. My area of expertise is mission creation.<BR>The reason that they only "authorize" certain opts was originally because they wanted everyone to have a level playing field when it came time to do internal competitions (which we have a lot of). It was also done so that the area in charge of making sure that any missions that are created by our members would be playable by others, even those with no slicing skills.<BR>However, times have changed, and I recognize that.<BR>It is unfortunate that some of our people are unable to get along with many others in the XWA community now. Speaking as a mission creator, I wish I were able to use many of your wonderful opts (and some done by others as well) in the missions I use. I look forward to the time when this would be possible in a way that ALL could agree on.<p>[ 14 January 2003: Message edited by: RogueWing ]
I childproofed my house 2 years ago, but they still keep sneaking in.

RogueWing
Cadet 1st Class

Post by RogueWing » Tue Jan 14, 2003 9:18 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Defiant:<BR><STRONG>You know what, DS? This time I absolutely agree with you. Before Troy and Lt. Hag came around, it seemed like most of the half-decent X-W tools came from the EH, and had restrictions so that only members could use them. So you know what, guys? Blow it out your ass. You can make up all the stuff you want to make yourselves feel important, but leave us out of it.<P>Authorize that, bitch.<P>------------<BR>XWAU PGR Defiant<BR>BRL/SoS/LOL/KMA/UYEH/HAHA</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Now see, that was uncalled for.<BR>Here I am trying to explain things (even if I'm not the most knowledgeable person here) and you go and call names.<BR>There's no need for hostility.<BR>We are all here because we enjoy flying these games and want to get the most of out them.

Defiant
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Defiant » Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:14 pm

No, no, that was "dismissal" and "taunting." Hostility is much worse. Such presumption deserves a good mocking. Your knowledge or lack thereof of was never in question. The EH's elitist stance towards everyone else was bound to tick off a lot of people, that's why so many "divisions" went off on their own.<P>Is credit where credit is due so hard? I contributed my part so that <I>everyone</I> could enjoy the game. If you want everyone (EH included) to enjoy the stuff here, you should be persuading your peers to cut the meaningless red tape and just use the same things everyone else does. That's how it works in <I>real</I> organizations:<P>* You see a product that could be useful.<BR>* You evaluate it to see if it meets the needs of the organization.<BR>* If product is what's needed, use it. Otherwise, investigate making your own.<P>Instead of:<BR>* You see Microsoft Office on the shelves.<BR>* You contact Microsoft asking them to send a marketing team to convince everyone in your building to use Office.<P>I honestly don't see what the entire point of this discussion is. The Emperor's Hammer is not some sort of governing body over the XWA community. If you want the models and utilities used here to be authorized, it is <I>your</I> responsibility to do so, not ours. If you can't persuade them, I honestly don't see how a bunch of strangers are going to, especially with the tact encountered thus far.<P>Communities are about people helping and interacting, not hoarding things and bragging.

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:42 pm

You know, the Emperor's Hammer does sound alot like the Empire. I mean jumped up, self inflated twits in fancy unimforms wrapped up in red tape. Sounds like a goverment actually :D<P>Seriosly though, who cares, I don't think DS really cares whether his opts are aurtherized by Tie Corps.<P>As for tact, I can be tactful, but hay, we're fighter jocks. Not some stiff shirted pillocks out of some fictional academy.<P>Why anyone would want to fly a Tie is beyond me anyhow, give me six torps, quad lasers and heavy shields anyday.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

RogueWing
Cadet 1st Class

Post by RogueWing » Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:53 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Defiant:<BR><STRONG><BR>I honestly don't see what the entire point of this discussion is. The Emperor's Hammer is not some sort of governing body over the XWA community. If you want the models and utilities used here to be authorized, it is <I>your</I> responsibility to do so, not ours. If you can't persuade them, I honestly don't see how a bunch of strangers are going to, especially with the tact encountered thus far.<P>Communities are about people helping and interacting, not hoarding things and bragging.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Trust me, I've talked till I'm blue in the face about this. In the past, I was low on the totem pole and my opinion didn't go far. Now, I'm far enough up the organizational ladder that when I talk, people listen. Unfortunately, the ones in charge have that same mindset. I hope to change that one day, but I'm only 1 person.

Nute Type R
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Nute Type R » Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:27 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darksaber:<BR><STRONG>Have any of you been to Xwingalliance.net lately? That place is the same, the only people you get there are scrotum scratching jerks, spouting nonsense. These forums are turning out to be the same.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>In defense of my home base, we realized XWA died two years ago and resorting to scrotum scratching to pass the time.<P>oh, and DS, ages ago you allowed me to redo the X-Wing in American colors after that whole terrorists and the airliners and the world trade center affair, but between work, school, and yelling about bombing afghanistan, I never finished it. Plus I got upset with it and gave up. Anyhow, I don't think I ever properly thanked you for lettimg me do that.<BR>I actually have nothing useful to add, because almost everything I would have had to say has already been said.<p>[ 20 January 2003: Message edited by: nute type R ]
sig