Massassi Temple OPT done...Pics Here.

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

Massassi Temple OPT done...Pics Here.

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Fri Apr 12, 2002 4:44 am

Well, I'm learning how to OPT the hard way, pushing buttons and seeing what they do. Now that I know which buttons to push, hehe, I finally got the OPT done. Hopefully it is up to Ace's expectations. Image<P>Here's the first pic showing the temple from ground level. There you can see into both hangars and see how the temple looks from a distance. The blob in the hangar is an X-wing.<P> Image <P>Next, we have a shot from inside the hangar looking out, showing the hills in the distance.<P> Image <P>Here is a shot from outside the hangar looking in.<P> Image <P>This last shot is a closeup of the outside, showing the brick and stone textures.<P> Image <P>The stone, brick, and hangar floor textures were done by me. The hangar wall and ceiling textures were borrowed from TG. I might add a door or two plus control panels to the wall textures later.<P>[Edit]Oh, and many thanks to <B>General_Trageton</B> for making the model Image[/Edit]<p>[This message has been edited by Abolisher (edited 12 April 2002).]
This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.<P><A HREF="http://abolisher.xwlegacy.net/" TARGET=_blank> Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost</A>

Freelancer_MSE
Lieutenant JG

Post by Freelancer_MSE » Fri Apr 12, 2002 6:06 am

Awesome! that looks great! Unfortunately I'm still having trouble with the Docking bay, only got the actual bay done.<P>------------------<BR>Visit my webpage, <A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/freelancermse" TARGET=_blank>Freelancers Spaceport</A>.
When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat; the two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.

Gringlas
XWAU Member

Post by Gringlas » Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:24 am

Wow! Fantastic!!!!<P>@Abolisher: The Asteroidbase will still need some time, cause I'm right in the middle of my exams right now and when I'm sitting at my PC, I just play JKII (right now I fight against Admiral Fyyar). Just wanted to tell you.

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Fri Apr 12, 2002 3:53 pm

Looks nice. :-)<P>One question, though, why did you use the TG roof textures? Looks rather out of place when you could of used some stone textures again, maybe darken them a little or something. Just curious..<P>------------------<BR>"Life? You have a life? Wow! Can I have one?"<P>Visit my site, the <I><A HREF="http://crespin.xwlegacy.net" TARGET=_blank>SSD Shadowkeeper</A></I>!<BR>AIM @ <B>MIDI Master Jade</B>!<BR>MSN @ <B>marajade21e@hotmail.com</B>!
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Billy Shears
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Billy Shears » Fri Apr 12, 2002 5:40 pm

Wow!!! That's awesome!!! Can't wait to fly around it.
It was twenty years ago today...

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Fri Apr 12, 2002 6:23 pm

I like it! Except the grey walls look out of place. The roof and floor I can see being there (Maybe darken them) But you should put the stone texture on the hanger walls too. Just my opinion<P>------------------<BR>If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost!<BR>(Anything in parentheses can be ignored)<BR>Where patience fails, force prevails<BR>All hail Finagle and his prophet Murphy!
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Otana
Ensign

Post by Otana » Fri Apr 12, 2002 7:25 pm

I'm beginning to like the look of these atmospheric projects more and more Image

GreenLeader0
Ensign

Post by GreenLeader0 » Fri Apr 12, 2002 7:44 pm

Me like Image
One can never have to much good wine, beautiful women, and attention.- Talon Karrde, Edge of Victory I: Conquest

graphicx3000
Lieutenant

Post by graphicx3000 » Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:05 pm

Abolisher, i commend u for those textures. but then again, im not sure, but shouldnt the temple be a little yellower? nice model trageton, but the hangar needs a bit more detail, dont u think? like more ships and stuff (also i hope there arent any bwings or awings in the hangar)<P>------------------<BR>I do not talk to people with lame names.

koollook14
Lieutenant JG

Post by koollook14 » Fri Apr 12, 2002 11:20 pm

heh, no it doesn't, its just fine like that,you want to keep the faces down, and those textures look pretty accurate to me... but oh well
Founder, Owner, and Opereator of <A HREF="http://www.thenewfrontier.net/" TARGET=_blank>The New Frontier</A> (Currently down for a re-write)<P>Please visit <A HREF="http://forums.thenewfrontier.net/" TARGET=_blank>my forums</A>.

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Sat Apr 13, 2002 12:18 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><I>by Gringlas</I><BR>The Asteroidbase will still need some time, cause I'm right in the middle of my exams right now.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>OK. Just let me know when you continue work on it or make progress. Image<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><I>by Major Wes Janson</I> But you should put the stone texture on the hanger walls too. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I have been trying to remember from ANH whether the hangar walls were stone. If someone has a picture of the Massassi Temple hangar from ANH showing the walls, please post it. I'll use the picture to make new wall textures. Otherwise, the walls are staying as is.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><I>by graphicx3000</I><BR>...but shouldnt the temple be a little yellower?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I made the stone and brick textures from an actual picture of the temple. It doesn't get better than that. Maybe you need to adjust your monitor settings.<P>Just like all other projects, some people are just not going to be satisfied with them. Basically, if you don't like it, make it yourself. Also, bear in mind that the Massassi temple was not even in the original shipset plans; the idea came up some time after the shipset project was announced. Just be happy that it is there at all.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><I>by graphicx3000</I><BR>...but the hangar needs a bit more detail, dont u think? like more ships and stuff...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The hangar is as detailed as it's going to get, save some editing of the wall textures. Other OPTs will be placed in the hangar in the shipset missions, not as part of the model itself.<P>Please, do not demand every minute detail that <I>can</I> be added to the shipset. We already have quality OPTs that <I>could</I> be improved, but doing so involves diminishing returns to the massive time investment. Really, how long to you guys want to wait for this shipset?<P>[edit]Oh, and koollook14 makes a another good point about too much detail. We don't want our shipset system requirements to be 1.5 GHz with 512 megs of RAM, GeForce 64 meg 3D card, etc.[/edit]<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Abolisher (edited 13 April 2002).]
This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.<P><A HREF="http://abolisher.xwlegacy.net/" TARGET=_blank> Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost</A>

Friend14
Recruit

Post by Friend14 » Sat Apr 13, 2002 1:25 am

I rewatched the movie last night and I guess in order to cut down on spending in EPIV, they used a very dark wall, all most black. That's why you don't remember it. Image Looking great, looking for any more beta testers? Image<P>------------------<BR>Try not, do or do not; there is no try
Try not, do or do not; there is no try

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sat Apr 13, 2002 1:34 am

Image The wall is visible on the right, it is grey stone, but it is very dark, and the celing is dark grey or black with circular lights. The celing would probably have to be made new, but the walls could just be darkened (A lot) and the floor seems to match the one in the movie.<P>------------------<BR>If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost!<BR>(Anything in parentheses can be ignored)<BR>Where patience fails, force prevails<BR>All hail Finagle and his prophet Murphy!<p>[This message has been edited by Major Wes Janson (edited 13 April 2002).]
Corellian Browncoat
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

graphicx3000
Lieutenant

Post by graphicx3000 » Sat Apr 13, 2002 4:23 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Abolisher:<BR>Basically, if you don't like it, make it yourself. Also, bear in mind that the Massassi temple was not even in the original shipset plans; the idea came up some time after the shipset project was announced. Just be happy that it is there at all.<BR>[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>who said i didnt like it? i luv it. texture are gorgeous. i guess the face thingie didnt occur to me. neway, hope to see this shipset ready for download soon.<P>------------------<BR>I do not talk to people with lame names.

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Sat Apr 13, 2002 5:01 am

Thanks for posting the pic <B>Wes</B>. I'll see what I can do.<P><B>graphicx3000</B>, just to clarify, I wasn't talking specifically to you, but to all who might dislike a particular aspect of the temple. Image<BR>

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sat Apr 13, 2002 3:50 pm

Wow! Nice OPT! Can't wait to see it 'in natura'<P>------------------<BR>General Vince Trageton<BR>UPMF Supreme Commander<BR><A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/twilightskies/coruscant/" TARGET=_blank>The Imperial City Project</A><BR><A HREF="http://gamersparadise.zeonhost.com/TBP/Home.htm" TARGET=_blank>The Blue Phantom</A><P>Evil people do evil things!
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

JM
XWAU Member

Post by JM » Sat Apr 13, 2002 10:17 pm

Looks Great.
XWAEG. <A HREF="http://www.btinternet.com/~jmdare/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.btinternet.com/~jmdare/</A> Last updated 24th July 2005

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Apr 14, 2002 11:15 pm

Great stuff Abolisher! That looks really good. Well done General T on the dxf. Image<P>As said above try to modify the hangar. The roof is basically strip lights hanging down.<BR>It's inside the temple so they wouldn't have built a new roof for it.<BR>All the rock would probably be the same. Darken the inside textures to be in-between what you have and the outside rock. Make a roof texture with some lights on it. The whole hangar was quite dark.<BR>I'll have to check JK2 and see what they did?<P>Have you thought of any sort of stats? For future missions it could be destroyable after a LOT of heavy fire! Image<P>I got your mail but I'm having a few issues right now. As I have explained to you before. Image I hope to respond more soon.<BR>Well done again!<P>------------------<BR><I>Going in Full Throttle!</I><BR><A HREF="http://www.antilles100.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>The X-wing Outpost</A><BR>Home of The Batlle of Yavin and Endor projects.<p>[This message has been edited by Ace Antilles (edited 15 April 2002).]
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:55 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Have you thought of any sort of stats? For future missions it could be destroyable after a LOT of heavy fire!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No shields and a damage profile similar to that of an Egyptian Pyramid Image. <P>I dunno, I'd say a hull rating similar to that of an ISD. The structure of the temple suggests that it would not collapse, even with large sections of stone blown away.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Mon Apr 15, 2002 6:38 pm

I Jedi pg 274 "I tried to put them [nergon 14 charges] near structural points that would promote the collapse of the whole building, but with that massive sort of block construction, I couldn't be certain it would work." <P>------------------<BR>If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost!<BR>(Anything in parentheses can be ignored)<BR>Where patience fails, force prevails<BR>All hail Finagle and his prophet Murphy!
Corellian Browncoat

Face
Lieutenant JG

Post by Face » Tue Apr 16, 2002 7:22 pm

it looks very cool!!!!<P>hey, 400 posts, cool ! Image Image Image<P>------------------<BR>Commander of Phantom squadron<BR>I've read the Blue Phantom!
Commander of Phantom squadron<P>Pilot of Grandadmiral Thrawns 3.Fleet on ISD I Prodigium

Phoenix
Commander

Post by Phoenix » Wed Apr 17, 2002 8:27 am

Sweet!<P>------------------<BR>Star Trekkin' across the universe, <BR>Only goin' forward because we can't find reverse!!
End of line...

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:41 am

OK, is this more of what you had in mind?<P> Image <P>[Edit]<BR>Or how about this one?<P> Image <P>Personally, I think the lights are a bit large in the first picture. The second one is better.<BR>[/Edit]<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Abolisher (edited 18 April 2002).]

Friend14
Recruit

Post by Friend14 » Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:57 am

I guess since hanging lights are out of the question, that looks great! Can't wait for this to finnally be released.....<P>------------------<BR>Try not, do or do not; there is no try
Try not, do or do not; there is no try

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Thu Apr 18, 2002 5:17 pm

The second one. That looks <I>much</I> better than the TG roof for the hanger.
Corellian Browncoat