Pics up regarding my question

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

Pics up regarding my question

HITTER
Cadet 1st Class

Post by HITTER » Thu Apr 19, 2001 4:49 am

Darksaber I wanted to notify you that the pics regarding my question the other day are up in the editing forum. Thanks again...<P>------------------<BR>

HITTER
Cadet 1st Class

Post by HITTER » Sun Apr 22, 2001 3:35 pm

If you cant figure out the problem with pics of the model using defualt textures then I will post pics with other textures making the problem more visable. Any ways with the completion of the IFP nearing im sure your plenty busy so if you can find the time reply it would be greatly apreciated.<P>------------------<BR>

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Apr 22, 2001 5:26 pm

I no the problem your converting Tri's in Ace right?<P>Why don't you just replce them in Rhino?<P>but if you still instist on doing it this way just click on Calc then press all Default things ie Face Normals, Vertex Normals, Hit Zone, and Texture Co-ords<P>the click on<P>All face software vectors<P>This should sort you problem<P>But only press Defalt Texture Co-ord if you stll have it in Default Textures, otherwise you will reset all the textures to there default status<P>of if you have textured part of it, select the face you wish to correct and press Single Face Default TX Co-ords and software vectores. <P>Oh when you have textured it and set all the hitzones, to stop it blurring ingame press<P>Calc, Default Face Normals, Default Vertex Normals, and All face software vectors<P>Hope this helps
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

HITTER
Cadet 1st Class

Post by HITTER » Mon Apr 23, 2001 12:17 am

Thanks it did help now I can start testing out my textures on my own model instead of Hernans city from the AGP.

HITTER
Cadet 1st Class

Post by HITTER » Thu Apr 26, 2001 6:17 pm

Actually I may run the model through Rhino agian to add on a few more buildings on the side. So it would help if you could tell me how to avoid and get rid of the triangles by making them quadrangles. Every time JM talks <BR>about converting to quadrangles he makes it sound like its a one button opertation. Anyways thanks again I will probably just concentrate on texuring in the mean time. <BR>and the Tie fighter cockpits look great. <BR>

JM
XWAU Member

Post by JM » Thu Apr 26, 2001 6:43 pm

Actually I trace over every vertex in Rhino3D to try to convert pairs of triangles created by MAX into quadrangles. That is when I also tidy up any problems and merge parts together.
XWAEG. <A HREF="http://www.btinternet.com/~jmdare/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.btinternet.com/~jmdare/</A> Last updated 24th July 2005