Optech Question

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

Optech Question

Oldcode
Rebel Alliance

Post by Oldcode » Tue Feb 05, 2002 9:48 pm

Hi Everybody,<P>I've got a question for all you Opting experts out there. I'm trying to put together a starship Opt and am using Optech with several DXFs. I have given them a "Main Hull" Hitzone but only one side of the DXF mesh acts like it is solid when I create the Opt and test it in XWA. Image<P>Anybody know what I am missing? I am new to Opting Image but am learning fast so please gently let me know I need to give more info.<P>Thanks in advance,<P>TC: Knight of the Old Code

Phoenix
Commander

Post by Phoenix » Tue Feb 05, 2002 10:11 pm

this would be best in the editing forum<P>------------------<BR>Star Trekkin' across the universe, <BR>Only goin' forward because we can't find reverse!!
End of line...

DataDroid
XWAU Member

Post by DataDroid » Tue Feb 05, 2002 10:18 pm

I know exactly what your problem is.<P>You created it in Rhino 2.0, took one half to make sure it was symmetrical, and mirrored it about the zero axis. In 1.1, it mirrors correctly and all the faces are pointing outward. However, 2.0 for some reason doesn't do this, so you'll have to manually select the second half, and type "flip". Even better, do the whole thing in 1.1, since it's more accurate when it saves. Just use 2.0 for high detail modelling.
There are 10 kinds of people.<BR>Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Feb 05, 2002 11:39 pm

Sorry this is a fairly general Forum but not when their is already a dedicated Forum for these questions.<P>Moved to Editing.<P>------------------<BR><I>Darksaber's secretary!</I><BR><A HREF="http://www.antilles100.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>Ace Antilles X-wing Outpost</A><BR>Home of The Batlle of Yavin and Endor projects.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost