2 questions for the all mighty and wonderful and powerfu

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

2 questions for the all mighty and wonderful and powerfu

General__Monse
Cadet 4th Class

Post by General__Monse » Wed Apr 18, 2001 12:47 am

Yes, the subject was meant for sucking up to assure that I get a reply (just kidding...)<P>Darksaber, I am having a problem with missions, but only custom ones.<P>I recently downloaded Ace Antillies' Evacuate Echo Base mission (it was extremely good, love the ion blast)and played it about five times. Then, a few days later, I was about to play it to show my friend, and It wouldn't let me. In the combat simulator, on the mission, instead of the selections:<P>return to select mission<BR>return to concourse<BR>quick start<BR>go to breifing<P>it only had return to select mission and return to concourse. Why? I am a decently good mission maker, and I made a mission flying as Wedge when the republic gets Coruscant(the final battle when rogues fly Z-95s), and when i went to play it, it had the same problem.<P>Question number two:<P>I was thinking about downloading Rhino 3D to hone my OPTing abilities, cause I suck with ACE_DFX, and I was wondering...<P>On ACE, you have to use things like decimals to make ur DFX, and I use wondering if it is the same on Rhino, or easier. Can you please tell me?
Aaron Monse<BR>Worshipper of Darksaber and JM, but mostly Darksaber<BR>Crappiest OPTer alive(only one I made is a green rocket ship called the Planet Express)

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Apr 18, 2001 4:46 pm

Well if the mission worked once then you must have done something to your settings or files to make it change.<BR>I've replayed that mission a billion times and it's fine. I take it you're trying to play it in Skirmish mode not the main one?<BR>Apart from that I don't know. It shouldn't be a mission fault more an installing one.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Don't forget the new <A HREF="http://www.xwaupgrade.com/ubbcgi/forumd ... LastLogin=" TARGET=_blank>Forum.</A><BR><A HREF="http://www.antilles100.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>Ace Antilles X-wing Outpost</A><BR>Home of Endor & Yavin Updates.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

BrianJedi
Lieutenant JG

Post by BrianJedi » Wed Apr 18, 2001 8:15 pm

Wedge actually didn't fly an Z-95 during the liberation of coruscant. He had broken ribs, so he didn't fly. Image<P>------------------<BR>At this point I have a request for our fans, if any of you in any way hate homosexuals, people of differant color, or women, please do this one favor for us - leave us the f*ck alone! Don't come to our shows and don't buy our records. - Kurt Cobain
BrianJedi's Opt Hanger, (http://BrianJedi.homestead.com/opthanger.html)<P>Over 1 million annoyed.

General__Monse
Cadet 4th Class

Post by General__Monse » Wed Apr 18, 2001 10:00 pm

Ohhhh yeah! Thanks, I forgot that detail! My mission already had one error, that Corran doesn't get "destroyed", so thanks for pointing out that other one. I guess i'll have the player fly as..maybe..Pash.
Aaron Monse<BR>Worshipper of Darksaber and JM, but mostly Darksaber<BR>Crappiest OPTer alive(only one I made is a green rocket ship called the Planet Express)

BrianJedi
Lieutenant JG

Post by BrianJedi » Sat Apr 21, 2001 2:15 am

welcome! I wouldn't have cought that one ether...but I just started re-reading all the X-wing books....right now I'm reading Wraith sqaudron...<P>------------------<BR>At this point I have a request for our fans, if any of you in any way hate homosexuals, people of differant color, or women, please do this one favor for us - leave us the f*ck alone! Don't come to our shows and don't buy our records. - Kurt Cobain
BrianJedi's Opt Hanger, (http://BrianJedi.homestead.com/opthanger.html)<P>Over 1 million annoyed.