Farscape cancelled!

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

Farscape cancelled!

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:58 pm

I've only just heard that the great SF program <B>Farscape</B> has been cancelled! :(<P>I don't know all the details but it seems the Sci-Fi channel have cancelled it. I believe it's still immensley popular and why they did this is stupid!<P>We UKers are way behind the US but this was 1 of the best SciFi shows in years! Didn't B5 go the way as this?<P>If anyone feels like protesting I think there are many petitions to be found.<BR><B>Let's not this show die!</B>
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Sat Sep 14, 2002 1:15 am

I think I've seen that one. That was awesome! Give me a link to a petition. I'm signing it now.
Eclipse

DataDroid
XWAU Member

Post by DataDroid » Sun Sep 15, 2002 8:29 pm

I too mourn the loss. It was definitely the best SciFi show I've seen in a good long while (possibly the best show period). Unfortunately, your requests fall on deaf ears. The same cries were raised for The Invisible Man and other SciFi shows that got cancelled, and absolutely nothing happened.
There are 10 kinds of people.<BR>Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Hutch
Ensign

Post by Hutch » Sun Sep 15, 2002 9:03 pm

I've heard that there are other networks looking to continue Farscape, but no definite news so far.
Blammo

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Mon Sep 16, 2002 5:25 pm

figures. everytime a good show comes along or a good old show is reran, they cancel it in it's prime. i'll sign the petition.
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Talyn
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Talyn » Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:32 pm

OH MAN! I hope not. :(<p>[ 16 September 2002: Message edited by: Talyn ]
<B>Teal'c</B>: Appearances may be deceiving.<BR><B>O'Neill</B>: One man's ceiling is another man's floor.<BR><B>Daniel</B>: A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.<BR><B>O'Neill</B>: Never run with...scissors?<BR>Teal'c, Dr. Daniel Jackson and Col. Jack O'Neill, <I>Stargate SG-1</I><P>If at first you don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.<P><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/talyn87" TARGET=_blank>The Uncharted Territories</A>

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:45 pm

I believe after the mass of complaints SciFi Channel have decided to take it up for at least 1 more series! Yay! :)<BR>There's also the planned movie to look forward to at some stage too.<P>Series 3 has just started on BBC and as usual it's started off as confusing as ever! :eek:
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost